NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, March 30, 2020

AXEMEN GUITAR INTERVIEW : John Woodson’s Leg

Tell us your name and the band you play for

John Woodson’s Leg



2. Who made you want to pick up the guitar

Everyone, when I was a kid.


Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

99% self taught.
.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

Only tab. Mostly play by ear.

.

5. Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone?

For the most part, as a band for sure! We're doing something that nobody's doing right now. Not that I've seen anyway.
   As for tone.. That's an endless subject. I have been told from people that it's easy to tell it’s me just from hearing me play though. So maybe..


6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )

I've been playing a Halo, Hellfire. It's a huge, pointy, beastly thing. Black with red pin stripe. It has cross bones as fret inlays. EMG 81/85. And a kahler tremolo.



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? 
Tell us about them
I have 81/85 actives in most. That's another endless subject. Pickups. Hmmmmm. Guitar players can talk tone for days......



8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

The Peavey 6505+!!! Great tone! Balls for days! I run through a rugged Fender MH 4/12 cab loaded with 4 Celestion G12 - 100.
  


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy

I love to tone of the amp. I try not to muddy it up with extra noise. Right now I keep it simple with a Digitech Whammy and noise suppressor. I run a BBE Sonic Max through the effects loop too.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..

It doesn't exist at the moment. If it did, I'm pretty sure it's outside my price range.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?

Usually the guy that plays before me, or after me. Lol


I12. Is tone more important or is technique?

My theory is this. Tone would be your canvas, technique would be the paint. I mean, you gotta have both. End result is the music. I am the paint brush in this mess.


13. Name your top 5 guitarist

The Jackson Five

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

Usually the guy that plays before me, or after me.

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?

Mille Patrozza, Kreator. He's only dead on the inside. Or maybe even the guitar player before me, or after me???

No comments:

Post a Comment