NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, March 1, 2020

LOVE THE HATE AXEMEN INTERVIEW W / Frank Killian


1.Tell us your name and the band you play for


Frank Killian Guitarist of Love The Hate

 

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar

Carlos Santana 

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
.
I am self taught 

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

I can read music and tabs

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

Yes, I spend a lot of time dialing in my tone

 
6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )
I play Jackson guitars my model of choice is the King V with double locking floyd rose locking tremelo.




7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them
I play passive pickups because I hate having to replace batteries all the time.


 


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

I play a 60 watt Laney Iron Hart head with 2x12 cab.turbo sound speakers

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy
I have a ridiculous 4 foot pedal board with more shit than I need. I am currently moving to the HeadRush pedal board system.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..
I don't think about rigs I wish I could have too much.My dream rig would be whatever rig my band would require for me to be efficient in my contribution to Love The Hate.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?
Lil Wayne.
 
I12. Is tone more important or is technique?

Technique is definitely more important because you can have a miller tone but if you can't make your notes clean your tone doesn't do you much good 

13. Name your top 5 guitarist
Chuck Berry,Carlos Santana,Dime Bag Darrell,Billy Gibbons,Tom morello 

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
John Mayer

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
 
I would say Dime Bag for sure He always seemed like a awesome guy on and off the stage and I know we would definitely get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment