Band Name: Bofo Kwo Genre: Symphonic Black metal Release: The Legend of a Cannibal king - 2017 - Amnezia Music Hometown: Helsinki, Finland Label: Sliptrick Records. Booking: Redback Promotion Rooster Bio: https://sliptrickrecords.com/bofo-kwo/ Facebook info: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BofoKwo/about
1.Thanks for taking the time to talk to The Grinder! You have a new album out, Tell us about it!
- Thanks, this is Ted from Bofo Kwo and I will be doing this national test today: It is not exactly out yet, but like Albin Einsenstein would say it is all relative to space and time. The Album is called "Space/Time Carnivorium" and it is the first full length album Bofo Kwo ever produced. It follows the second book of the story about Bofo Kwo and his companions Bomari & Wamufo slaying their enemies, consuming their flesh; to take over the Universe. It is a solid Symphonic Blackened Metal album with loads of interesting soundscapes.
2.Where was it recorded? Is all the material new?
- All instruments were recorded in Kimmo's studio somewhere in an undisclosed location in Finland. It is most likely a very creepy place, I never go there. Vocals by Janne and Me are done in our own homes, Bodö, Norway and Haarlem, Netherlands. The material is all newly written by all of us, Janne Winther, Kimmo Lindholm and me, however Second Sun was released as a single in March last year, and "The Massacre" is a variation of the Holiday song we wrote for Metal Moose during Christmas 2019.
3.What is the biggest difference between your last release and the new one?
- It is more industrial, gloomy, doomy and have more weird samples. Although it is not too different from the first one, so I would say the biggest difference is that we could work on the sound and feel we evolved. Oh it also have some Swedish lyrics to make it more confusing.
4.Are you signed to a label? , If so which one and how did they help or support the process?
- Yes, Sliptrick Records will release it, and we should have the release date very soon. We are bit delayed due to Voldemort trying to lock down the world in 2020 but Tekashi69 is on it, he is smoking enough weed for us to be come Harry Potheads and destroy the virus. We got amazing support from the label, we are a very confusing band, so it has taken them some great skills to answer our weird questions and go through our material. They can really deal with artists who are in space so we like them a lot. They have kept helping us since day 1 and it has improved the album and artwork after 18 months of work, I would argue.
5.What has been going on with the band between albums? Did you tour?
- Unfortunately we only managed 1 show last year, but we were focused on making 2020 a good year for live shows. Due to the issues with the Virus we had to post pone a few shows this spring, but we are determined to have a great fall, we will announce most things later this spring via our booking agents page over at Redback Promotion.
6.Do you have any new members?
- Yes, Lord Elmonioz, he appears on the record doing vocals, there is a pic of him attached.
7.Who produced the new album and how did they effect the album?
- Kimmo Lindholm. It was the only choice, there were a lot of "Magic the Gathering" groups that opposed to our original producer, so Kimmo took charge like a boss, and somehow there is an album ready.
8.Some like to record naked or in the dark with candles , Did you have any strange studio practices?
- I can't answer for the others as we are never in the same room. But me and Lord Elmonioz prefer to record at home. I usually sit in my underwear but he protests so I have to put on some shorts or something in the end. When Lord Elmonioz is recording there needs to be a fresh glass of water, a bowl of dry food and kittie snacks laying around in a pentagram where he slowly speak in tongues as a warm-up. Then he awakens the demons of the Universe and delivers his vocals like he is obsessed. I normally stay very quiet during these sessions not to disturb the talent. So, no I would not call our studio practices strange. They are pretty standard I guess.
9.Of course tell us where to pick up your album and how to learn more about you.
- Sliptrick Records will release all links via their Facebook page, but we are with metal Coffee WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM so all links for purchase both online, digital or the CD will be available via Metal coffee pages too, so the best is to follow Wes and he shall deliver. Our CEO Sanjay already prepared the links as soon as we get them from the label. However due to the situation now we wait a little bit to announce exact date, we will inform via our own Facebook page as soon as possible. The best way to get to know us is to not use new modern stuff like Tick Toc or Snapshot, but go to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BofoKwo there we post all our interviews and feelings. If we catch any. A lot of cannibal stuff too, after all we are true to our origin. To all our Cannibal friends, please do not eat anything without making sure they are virus free.
10.What is your plans now that the new album is out?
- We are debuting the first radio single very soon, via Lucy over at Metal Devastation (Metal is the law with Lucy). Then we are going to do live shows in fall finally, and sometime later this year we start production of the next album. The live shows are yet to be announced and you will see it on our Facebook page as soon as we have confirmation. We will also do loads of interviews and a few of our live streams very soon. Right now we are busy planning the live period for fall, but we might even do something in the summer. No one knows, we let the future and Lord Elmonioz guide us. We want to thank everyone who helped us and supported us! Especially our PR company; Metal Coffee PR, Label; Sliptrick Records, Booking Agency; Redback Promotion, Management; Amnezia Music a Mgmt and of course our friends and family. Yay to Dirty Rats for letting us borrow the mighty Rex Talpas (Wayne) for our insanity. Finally our amazing friends and fans! I almost forgot: to Haroen of The Hangman's Lament, which is a great Metal band from Holland: "It lasts for 10 minutes, then a 4 minute break. rinse, repeat."
CheerZ - Ted Egger - Bofo Kwo