NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, September 22, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : WES JAQUES OF METAL COFFEE



 1.Tell us your name and the band you play for 
My name is Wes or Moose either way works for me. I am also a butcher of grammar and typing so complaints take a number. I do not play for any active band any longer but my main band was called Dead River in the late 80's early 90's. It was melodic metal in the vein of Firehouse and Stryper.
 




2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar
 It took me a long time to figure this out because to me I blame all of my rock n roll dreams on Nikki Sixx he was just so damn cool. But Randy Rhodes is really the first guy I heard and went, Oh yeah this guy is not the norm. And a close second was EVH I loved his emotion

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

Mainly self taught I took a couple of lessons very early, I probably should have continued but I thought i was a rock star, One of many dumb decisions I made thinking that....... .
   


4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?
 I can read sheet music though I would rather not its so sterile, I can read tab thank God.
.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?
 LOL , Most definitely no I was always a 100% cord into amp guy. My sound was as sloppy as my solos.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color ) 

I started on an arbor flying V it was garbage, Then I got a basic Kramer set bridge it was a bit nicer it was candy apple red I called it Babushka. Then I  moved my way onto Jacksons my first Jackson was a hot pink Dinky Strat that i played to death and until one show where I thought I was cool and yanked on the floyd rose until the bridge popped out..... I had it fixed but it was just never the same any longer.Luckily my bandmate Roy Nelson who was an actual musician unlike me lol had a Les Paul I named ED and I used it 90% of the time from that point on and LOVED it!

   



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ?

 Tell us about them 

 I had a great friend and excellent guitarist names Chibon Tiger in High School who put an EMG in his guitar and it smoked! But I was always a Dimarzio and Seymmour Duncan guy, Passive or death.


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc 

I used a crate G-40 it was dirty and had a celestion. I was happy

   



9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy 

NOPE

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail….. 

If I had an unlimited budget I would like 3 guitars
1. A Zakk Wyle bullseye signature series
2. A Paul Gilbert PG-13 first edition
3.I would run a Mesa Triple rectifier into a Marshall 1973 4X12
All Purple Tortex Dadario strings

11.What guitarist can you not stand? 

Oh man I have a hard time listening to Larry from Primus, I liked him so much better in Possessed
   

12. Is tone more important or is technique? 

I mean tone is interesting Eric Johnson , Dimebag, ZZ TOP, Ty Tabor from Kings X all prove that but if you have 2 left hands of all thumbs tone means nothing...


13. Name your top 5 guitarist 

1.Paul Gilbert
2.George Lynch
3.John Petrucci
4. Ronnie LeTechro
5. Micheal Sweet



14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
 I will gt huge hate for this but Hendrix and Jimmy Page I think are way over rated. Legends yes but cmon folks


15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?

Probably Mikael Åkerfeldt just so I could sit and watch dude is terrifying 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment