NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, September 28, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES: Horace Young Jr She, The Serpent



1.Tell us your name and the band you play for  Horace Young Jr.  She, The Serpent

 



2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar  I liked the speed and sound of 80’s thrash metal.  I wanted to play what they played.


3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?  I am self taught
.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?  I can read music fluently and I have had formal music theory education.  No I cannot

.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?  I think it is evolving.  I wanted to separate myself from the sound I had in my last band so I brought in a pedal to combine with my tube amp.


6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color ) I play a Shecter Omen 6.  I bought this guitar in 2015.  Its red because all of my other axes are black.  I am a lefty, so finding a guitar is not easy, as a matter a fact it is almost impossible.  I have to have each one custom set up because they are trash from the factory.

   


7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them Right now they are passive because I really like the way it sounds.  But I am going to switch out to some Seymour Duncan  pickups out of another guitar because I want an even thicker sound.



8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc  Marshal DSL 100 nothing special.  I love Marshall sound.


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy  No board, but I use the BOSS Metalcore pedal.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..I think I am playing it. 

11.What guitarist can you not stand?  Mad respect to all guitar players.  All of us are just trying to be good at their craft.

I12. Is tone more important or is technique?  Its hard to have one without the other.  The are really interlocking as far as a musician goes.


13. Name your top 5 guitarist. 

In No Particular Order
Jeff Hanneman
Pat Metheny
Dave Mustaine
Zakk Wylde
Tony Iommi

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist.  Me
    

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?

It would have to be Jeff Hanneman.  Slayer is one of my most influential bands, and I would like to learn more about his technique.
 

                                                   WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment