NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, September 15, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Chris Moran from MCCUIN

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
   

Chris Moran from MCCUIN

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar


Originally it was Eddie Van Halen and Warren Demartini. It quickly became George Lynch, Brad Gillis and Dave Mustane. Let's not forget Angus Young!


3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?


I'm self taught. I have had 3 lessons in my life many years ago, but I watch and listen a lot!
.
4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?



Many moons ago I read music. Played 6 instruments in school Orchestra.
.
5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

     


Sound and tone? Yes and no. I hear combinations of things I like from others in my tone. So I like it, but I'm a student of sounds. Always tinkering.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )


My guitars are Jackson Kelly's. Only a couple years old. Both with Floyd's

7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them


Actives. No substitute for me right now. EMG 81-85 X's. Used to use regular 81/85 combo. Like the frequency reaponce better on the X series.

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc



Line 6 Bogner's. Love them. 1/2 stack with slant 4x12 celestion vintage 30's cab.


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy


Crybaby wah. No substitute. And the foot board for the amp.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail.....

     


Dream rig...  All the same stuff but signature series! Love my amps. Love my axes. Lol might as well dream big!

11.What guitarist can you not stand?


Can't stand CC Deville
 
12. Is tone more important or is technique?

Tone vs technique.. Double edged sword. Your tone can suck but technique be spot on. You have wiggle room there. And vice-versa.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist



1. George Lynch
2. Dave Mustane
3. Joey Allen
4. Brad Gillis
5. Kirk Hammett


14.Who is the most overrated guitarist


Over rated? Jimmy Hendrix


15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive? 


Sit down with George Lynch. Technique, note selection off the charts

No comments:

Post a Comment