NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, September 26, 2019

OFF THE DEEP END SERIES : Shane Noren of Hollow Intent


1.Why Bass?
I'm actually a punk guitarist and was thrown into playing Bass by my now guitarist/friend Wes Collins.  I love playing rhythm and truly humbled to be apart of something that is bigger then me or anybody in this thing we call music.

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?
I guess it depends on the type of music you are doing and the mix of some songs?  Without the Bass you can deffently here a difference. It fills a void.
  


3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why
Right now I am using a Black Sting Ray by Music Man, with "Hollow Intent" I think its important to have a active pick-up and the sting ray has just what I need!  I love how the active pick-up really shakes the stage.

4.Tell us about your amplification
I use a 500 WATT Orange Terror, which is a Tube/Solid State Hybrid.  Peavey 4x10 Black Cab.

5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?
Tone is everything really for bass, if its dead everything else is gonna sound like poop.
   

6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?
Right now I am playing a 4 string Bass, I do plan on picking up a 5 string sometime in the future.

7.Who is your favorite bassist?
I would have to say Jeph Howard from "The Used"


8. Who is your least favorite bassist?
This question does not make since to me!?  No disrespect, but anybody playing music is a beautiful thing to me no matter the instrument.


9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?
Rhythm section lol.  I'm not sure really.
  


10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?
Hmmmmm, does it have to be a bassist?  I would love to kick it with Kurt Cobain.

11. Bonus question
Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why
I do not understand the question.  If you are talking about their names, I am going to say Bobby Doll is a weird name, haha.  They are all legends for a reason you know.



Tiffany Linton of http://www.ryze-up.com
Marisa Seager of Security Check Required facebook link.



No comments:

Post a Comment