NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Vinc of XAON





 1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
     


Hi, I’m Vinc, lead-guitarist of XAON


2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar
I started playing the guitar at 9. I think it was Michael Schenker (Scorpions), Slash or Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) who motivated me to start learning


3.Are you self taught or did you take tessons?
I took lessons the 2 first years and then I learned a lot with other better guitarists than me, all these years


4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?
I only can read tabs for now …. I think for these days it’s ok. I learned to read music but honestly, I don’t remember ☺ 


5.Do you feel like you have your own sound I tone ?


Yeah of course, with Rob (singer, composer), we took time for that. Like the music, it’s very important to know exactly where you want to go, to obtain the best product at the end. With this second album, I think we are on the good way and it’s just the beginning.

  

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )


I just sign a deal with Schecter and my new model is  the „E-1 SLS Elite Evil Twin - Satin Black 2019“. I received it 1 week ago and it’s a wonderful and great guitar for playing. I’m so happy to have made the good and right choice.
I have 8 other guitars at home, but this one is the best I ever had.

7.What about pickups? Passive or active ?

 Tell us about them

For this model, they have active pickups, I am very surprised positively because I have always played with passive microphones, because I found the result more true and more powerful. For this model, this is no longer the case, again, good choice.

  

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc


We play right now (studio and live), with Kemper and my model is a helix (Line 6), all our music is programmed, included  guitars and for this reason, theses systems are the best way to kick some asses on stage without pedals etc. ..


9.What guitarist can you not stand?


Oh a lot, all these young guys, who plays like killers ☺. No seriously, I have no problem with other guitarists. I just think you don’t need to be the best guitarist ever for doing a great job. I’m not just a guitarist, for Xaon, I like compose the maximum of the music (drums, orchestrations, except vocals unfortunately). Then after my „first“ mix, I work with Rob who is better than me to arrange all these orchestrations we have. But again, the best for a band, isn’t to be the best musician, but working with the best guys they want to be a great band.


10. 1s tone more important or is technique?

  

☺ tone is really more important to me. Without hesitation. Without ideas, there is no music. I know a lot of good guitarists or musicians who are great for playing with other bands but at the moment who they need to compose … it’s not the same thing. I know all the guys haven’t the same view but I really think, you have ideas or not for composing.


11. Name your top 8 guitarist


Slash

Björn Gelotte
Fredrik Åkesson 
David Gilmour 
Mikael Åkerfeldt 
Gregor Mackintosh –
James Root 
Marty Friedman and many more …

12 .Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?  Question 11 and Jimi Hendrix



 

No comments:

Post a Comment