NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, September 20, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES: Nando Thommessen. and Senen Garcia of The Brood





1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
Nando Thommessen. TheBrood



2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar
The 90's



3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
Self taught. 

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab? 
Just tab. I'm learning more musical theory now


5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?
Well using a Boss HM-2 there's not too much room for a
Personal tone.
  


6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )
For The Brood my main guitar now is a Gibson flying V
From 2017 I believe. All stock anything thing fancy. And a Prs SE as a
Backup. 



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them. 
Personally I prefer passive. Im happy with a Seymour duncan JB. 
Or a custom. 




8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc. 
I was using an Orange Jim Root for long time, but I switched to a
Mesa Boogie mark V25. About Cab I own a simple thomann 2x12 loaded with 
Celestion V30, which i use just for practice.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy. 
I love pedals, but don't need too many with The Brood. 
Basically. Tuner, noise gate, and a Boss HM-2. 
10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..
Difficult one for me. I have been the last few 
Years building my dream rig which I use at home.



11.What guitarist can you not stand? 
No one in particular.



I12. Is tone more important or is technique?
Feeling! 


13. Name your top 5 guitarist. 
Chuck Schuldiner. 
Frank Zappa. 
Mattias "IA" Eklundh. 
J. Mascis. 
Paul Masvidal. 

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
Kirk Hamet. 

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
Frank Zappa. 
  

   
1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
Senen Garcia – The Brood
  
2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar
It was Michael Jackson Beat it. I was about 9 or 10 when I heard that riff with distortion for the first time and I loved it.

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
Self taught. 

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?
When I was 9 or 10, my parents send me to music lessons, I lasted 3 months lol. Thanks to that I can read music but very slowly. I do read tab. I used a lot when I was younger to learn other band’s songs.
   

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound/tone?
We are going with an HM-2 type of sound, which doesn’t give you much variation tone wise. It’s not exactly the same as the classical Swedish death metal sound, as we use the HM-2 as an EQ booster for the amp distortion.
   
6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )
I mostly play a Mayones Duvel Elite 7 translucent black 2015. It’s a beast of a guitar, very versatile, but probably a bit overkill to play grindcore. I also play a very basic LTD M-17 with a Bareknuckle Aftermath pickup on the bridge position.

7.What about pickups? Passive or active? Tell us about them
I like both. It really depends on what type of tone you are looking for. At the moment with The Brood I use passive Seymour Duncan Nazgul and passive Bare-Knuckle Aftermath.

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand, model , speakers etc
There so many good amps nowadays. I recently got a PRS MT-15 and is a killer, the amount of gain on that little amp is just insane! I have a Thomman 2x12 cabinet with Celestion v30 speakers
  

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy
I’m quite minimalist with regards of pedals, so my board is fairly small. The signal chain goes like this: Tuner (Korg Pitch Black), Throne Torcher (HM-2 clone), Mooer Noise Killer. 

10.Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..
Here it goes!
As of guitar I would go for a Custom Shop Mayones Duvell 27” scale. On the amp side I’d love a Fortin Cali with a custom Zilla 4x12 oversize cab. For pedal board I’ll have a Left Hand Wrath Deluxe instead of the Throne Torcher and swap the Noise Killer with a Fortin Zuul.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?
Yngwie malmsteen. He’s such a diva and for what I’ve seen in some of his videos, an asshole when he’s of the stage.

12. Is tone more important or is technique?
It depends on the type of music, but generally speaking I would say technique is more important than tone. You can have a great tone, but if you can’t play a song, soon enough the beer glasses will start flying towards your head ;)

13. Name your top 5 gitarist
This is really difficult… In no particular order: 
Randy Rhoads
Fredrik Thordendal
Steve Vai
Muhammed Suiçmez
Robert Fripp

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
Ted Nugent

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
This is even harder than the top 5 guitarist… As I’m some kind of an optimist I hope this may happen one day I’ll go for someone alive and choose Muhammed Suiçmez

No comments:

Post a Comment