NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

THE VOICE OF THE DEVIL IN THE MIST VOKILLS INTERVIEW : Katy Reign /Devil In the Mist


1.Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for
I'm Katy Reign and I sing for Devil In the Mist, and like Gia I have my own material as well. 

 
2.What / Who made you want to sing?
 
My mother was a singer and it came naturally with time. 
 
3.Who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills? Ozzy

4.Many people say heavy music is just screaming, How would you combat that statement?
 
I personally think that just screaming constantly has become extremely overrated, and today's generation does not appreciate singers in their prime such as Phil Anselmo, Ozzy, Bruce Dickinson, I could go on. It's not to say I don't love certain bands who constantly scream, but I definitely lean towards my generation where you have aggressive vocals with good songwriting and maybe occasional screaming. 
 
5.If you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such violent performances?
 
Cooling down is important as well as lots of water/tea. 

6. Do you have a warm up routine? Tell u bout it ?
 
I always warm up my vocals while drinking lots of water, tea, honey and pineapple juice. 

7. Do you think power or performance is more important?
 
I think both are very important, but performance is how you make the audience feel so that is the most important. 

8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is not? / And who is great but does not get the credit?
 
That's an excellent question I never get asked, as much as I would like to give you a long list, all I have to say is that I blame the record labels for pushing today's new metal. A band I love that got dropped from their label? Garbage. Shirley Manson is authentic, and refused to conform to the standards of their record label, which is why I admire her and her amazing music.

9.Name your top 5 vocalist 
 
Layne Staley,
 
Phil Anselmo,
 
Ozzy,
 
Christopher Hall,
 
and Lita Ford. 
        
10.Micheal Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here
I got to be honest I have heard of neither one of them since of this question, they are both very good, however if I had to choose I would definitely go with Micheal Buble, surprisingly.
 
11.Who do you love to listen to that would surprise people?.
 
Phil Collins 

12.If you could remove the autotune from any singer who would it be?

 
All of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment