NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

AXEMEN GUITAR INTERVIEW : TAVY / CHARRED GRAVES

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for.
 I'm Tavy and I play guitar forCharred Graves.

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar?
Joe Perry from Aerosmith.
 
3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
I took lessons .

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?
I can read music and tablature .
 
5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone?
Yes, tone is something every guitarist continues to find since it’s a long journey and we seek to find a greater tone every time.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color ).
I have a signature custom Kiesel 7 string Crescent built to my specifications. Its color is blood red, and it was made in 2020.

7.What about pickups? Passive or active? Tell us about them.
I started on active emgs in the past when I first started. Then moved to Seymour Duncan nazgul passive pick ups in 2015. Now I have Kiesel polarity pickups that are active pickups.

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc.
Engl amps are my go too. Though I am using a Kemper now a days. I have a engl powerball profiler in it. For cabs I use mesa boogie 2x12 and 4x12s with 30 vintage celestial speakers.
   
9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy
I don’t have a pedal board, but I have a kemper foot switch to change between amps and tune my guitar.

10.Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..
Custom Mesa cabs with a fortin pumpkin king amp.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?
Nick Jonas

12. Is tone more important or is technique?
Technique is more important since all the tone comes from how you play your instrument. Dialing in your settings helps once you know how to play properly.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist.
Angus Young, 
Joe Perry, 
Synyster Gates, 
Dimebag, 
Dan Sugarman 

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist?
Kirk Hammett 

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
Synyster Gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment