NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, May 7, 2020

THE DEEP BASS INTERVIEW : CURSE OF EIBON










1.Why Bass?

I feel really comfortable with it. As many I started out as a guitar player and the bass was quite easy for me to pick up but never really seen myself as a bass player fully but I always been making sure to treat them as different instruments.

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?

That doesn’t bother me that much. I guess it’s often worse if there is a keyboard player.

3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why

I have an ESP LTD F-54, black, I got it 6 years ago. I really love the F-series and I know the brand make good instruments.
  

4.Tell us about your amplification

These days when playing live I stick with pedals and I use a MXR that has a DI to send directly to the mixer. Do also have a Hartke head but I don’t use it that much.


5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?

Of course! It’s an important part of the overall sound and it would sound weak and that is something missing without it.
   

6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

I play a 4 string but I really like the 5 string ones too.

7.Who is your favorite bassist?

I actually doesn’t have any. That is such a difficult question since there is so many different styles that isn’t comparable. You cant compare Martino Garattoni from Ne Obliviscaris with Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse or Richard Cabeza from Dismember. They are all really good but play in different styles.

8. Who is your least favorite bassist?

Guess it would be that guy… Dimaio just to pick one.

9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?
They are?

10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?
   

Gustaf Hielm, because he is a really competent all-around bass player and is a really nice and funny guy to be around.

11. Bonus question
Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why?

For me in this question it stands between Bobby or Nikki. I have to go with Bobby. I don’t know too much of Bobby and for me they seem more ridiculous and I’ve seen Nikki with nicer Warlocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment