NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, October 24, 2019

THE DEEP SERIES : YAKK



1.Why Bass?

Well, with all those guitarists out there it's a lot easier to get into a band as a bassist.

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?

  

I don't think of it as unfair. I feel like many listeners don't quite know what each instrument truly sounds like outside of drums and guitar. They may be hearing the bass but believe it to be the guitars. So I guess I'd have to side with lack of "knowledge bass."

3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why?

Blue 5-string Ibanez BTB. I bought it used 8 years ago. It just feels very comfortable in my hands and I love the tone.

4.Tell us about your amplification.

I recently purchased an Axe Fx II so I virtually have everything. Or digitally, rather. Still in the learning phase so I haven't settled on anything yet. I'm pushing through an Ampeg 1600 SVP power amp.
   

5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?

Absolutely. Tone is important for every instrument. There isn't one sound for one instrument. And tone is very song-specific. Wouldn't make too much sense to have a light jazzy tone for a death metal riff, you know?

6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

Yes. Ever since I picked up my first one I found it hard to go back to 4 strings.

7.Who is your favorite bassist?
  

Depends on what mood I'm in. Top 4: Dan Briggs, Victor Wooten, Mark Michell, Les Claypool.

8. Who is your least favorite bassist?

Simon Deshotels.

9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?

Because bass is everything.
   

10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?

Dan Briggs.

11. Bonus question
  

Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why?

Les Claypool. How do you try out for Metallica only to be told "You're too good"? Also, look at every album he's put out. None of them sound like any others, but they still have that signature Claypool sound. He's a machine
!



No comments:

Post a Comment