NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, October 28, 2019

THE DEEP SERIES : MARTYR

 
1.Why Bass?

Bass is a great instrument. I love the low tones, it's a very versatile instrument. I have been addicted to it since I started playing bass.

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?
    

I don't think the bass gets little credit. That depends on the music style. Watch for example, Billy Sheehan, Mark King, Tony levin.

3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why

I have a 'F bass Bn5 from 1996
and a Warwick Steamer stage 1 Custom made from 1990.
For my band Martyr i use a Sandberg California I MarloweDK signature Hardcore Aged Black from 2015.
I use this bass because it sounds very good in the mix and because his great looks.

4.Tell us about your amplification

EBS fafner Bass amp.
Markbass little mark III.
EBS ProLine 410 Bass Cabinet.
EBS ProLine 210 Bass Cabinet.
I use one pedal, Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI Version 2.

   



5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?

I think tone is very important for bass. A great bass tone can make the band.

6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

I prefer 5 string. As long as i can remember i played 5 string. Love the low B.



7.Who is your favorite bassist?

My favorite basplayer,
I have more, but my most favorite bassplayer is my old bass teacher
Barend Courbois from blind guardian.
 
     *Barend Courbois from blind guardian.

 
8. Who is your least favorite bassist?

There are a few bassplayers I don't like.
I don't think it's nice to mention names.

  



9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?

Because it is the most beautiful instrument to play.

10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?

Jaco Pastorius for sure


11. Bonus question
Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan which is more ridiculous and why

I think none of them is ridiculous!

 *SUCK ON THAT JON MYUNG



































 

No comments:

Post a Comment