NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, October 27, 2019

THE BATTERY SERIES : Sam Mehrany / Calibre

1.What is your name and what band do you play for?
My name is Sam mehrany and I play for Calibre (melodic metalcore ) band from Iran, and Satura (Melodic metal core/Melodic Death core) from Iran.

2.Who made you want to play drums and why?

actually no one made me to be a drummer
One of the reasons that I was always passionate about drums is that I it requires a lot of physical and mental abilities more than any other musical instrument ...
Drums gives me the ability to have control on my 4 main parts of body and sync their activities separately.

3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…

My first drum set was Rolland TD 4 KV
The reason for choosing it is that i live in an apartment and It was almost impossible to play acoustic in such a place.
By the way, V Drum helped me so much with playing and I really recommend that for those who live in apartment

4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?


I’m always grateful for having such supportive parents that helped me this way and encouraged me to keep my music passion alive although its not easy being a musician in a country like iran with its difficulties and strict rules that we have to handle to keep going.
If it wasn’t for my parents,I probably couldn’t make it.

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?
Some of my favorite tracks from our upcoming album by Calibre ’which is really fascinating’ to to me are Faith In Me” and “Last But Not Least

6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.

drum set :
Ludwig epic
22"x20" Bass drum
8" x 7" Rack Tom
10" x 7.5" Rack Tom
12" x 8" Rack Tom
16" x 15" Floor Tom
14" x 5" Snare
cymbals :
14" Classics Custom Medium Hihat
16" Classics Custom Medium Crash on left
17" Classics Custom Medium Crash on left
16" Classics Custom Trash China on left
16" Classics Custom Powerful Crash on right
18" Classics Custom Powerful Crash on right
18" Classics Custom China on right
20" Classics Custom Powerful Ride on Righ
Drum pedals :
Axis percussion leaser pedal
Drum Sticks : Vicfirth Danny Cary signature

7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL

 
Tama Starclassic Maple
Bass Drum: 22" x 20" (x2)
Tom Tom: 10" x 6,5"
Tom Tom: 12" x 7"
Tom Tom: 13" x 9"
Floor Tom: 14" x 14"
Floor Tom: 16" x 16"
Snare Drum: Starphonic Aluminium 14" x 6"
cymbals :
15" Byzance Extra Dry Dual Hihat
16" Byzance Extra Dry Dual Crash
18" Byzance Extra Dry Dual Crash
18" Byzance Brilliant Heavy Hammered Crash
20" Byzance Brilliant Heavy Hammered Crash
16" Byzance Extra Dry China
18" Byzance Brilliant China
22" Byzance Brilliant Medium Ride

8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy

George Kollias
Danny Carey
Derek Roddy
Peter Wildoer
Chris Turner from Oceans Ate Alaska

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?

live
it's very different to play in front audience

10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?

I have my own chick,
I can pass the rest of em’ to the guitarist




No comments:

Post a Comment