NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, October 24, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Brandon Rix / Days To Come



1.Tell us your name and the band you play for

A: Brandon - My name is Brandon Rix, and I play for Days To Come.

   
2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar

 A: Brandon - I've always had a musical ear since I was little. However, I couldn't sing so I wanted to instead play an instrument. My family had a long line of guitar players, so it felt natural.



3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?


A: Brandon - I had some lessons when I first started out, but I did go on to teach myself more than what I was learning there.



4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

 A: Brandon - I can read both, but I'm very slow at sheet music.



5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

 A: Brandon - Does sloppy with a lot of pinch harmonics count?


6.Tell us about your guitar (brand, model, year, & color)

 A: Brandon - Well, right now, I mainly play my Ibanez 7321. It's a black beauty that came from the early 2000's. The cool thing about it is that its essentially a 7 string almost tuned to an 8 string. The low B string is tuned to a G.

       
7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them

 A: Brandon - All of my pickups are passive and stock. I wouldn't mind changing them out to D'addario on day though.



8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

 A: Brandon - My amp is the prestigious Marshall Jvm 210h. Lil man is loud and english. My cab is a marshall 1960 A. No clue the speakers though :^)



9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy

 A: Brandon - I do. I used to have it littered with small pedals that I never really use, but now I've condensed it to a basic tuner, selecter, a noise gate, phase 90, and my favorite pedal (possibly of all time) the ocean machine, which is 2 delays and a reverb mixed into one amazing pedal.


10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..



A: Brandon - I would love to have the Axe fx 3 running through a Paul Reed Smith 2x12 and a Strandberg 8 string chambered guitar in my hands.



11.What guitarist can you not stand?


A: Brandon - Kerry King.
*so what you are saying is Dime is Overrated and you hate Kerry King ? Do you own a storm shelter? you might want to move in


I12. Is tone more important or is technique?


A: Brandon - I think you really need a good mix in between the two. Nobody wants to just hear someone run through scales and sweeps and mach speed. Also it's pretty bland to just hear faulty slow "feely" notes over a blues scale. Variety and good tone is the way to go.



13. Name your top 5 guitarist


A: Brandon
 Plini,
Steve Vai,
John Petrucci,
Tim Henson,
Mark Holcomb.



14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

A: Brandon - Dimebag.
*THE GRINDER/WESJAQUES/METALCOFFEE Does not take responsibility for any hate mail received when you call Dimebag overrated......
        
15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?


A: Brandon - Plini. That lad has taught me so much passively. I would love to get as much knowledge as I could from him.


No comments:

Post a Comment