NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, October 13, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Arkadiusz of Legion of Wolves

  
1. Tell us your name and the band you play for.

Hi my name is Arkadiusz and I play for Legion of Wolves. We are death metal band from Ireland, that has both Polish and Irish members.

   


2. Who made you want to pick up the guitar?

Main reason for me to try to learn playing guitar was boredom during my post-surgery recovery, as I could not walk but my hands were free ;)

3. Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

I am self taught.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

As probably with most self taught musicians, I can’t read music but can read and write tabs.

5. Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone?

Yes I always knew more or less what my sound would be like and I think it is very close to it on “Bringers of the Dark Sleep” album. 5150 amps were always an inspiration for me and had that “something” in them.

6. Tell us about your guitar (brand, model, year, color).

I have Gibson USA SG Menace, most likely from 2007 as don’t remember exactly when I bought it. Also still keeping my first guitar which is a cheap Mayones, but still does it job as back up in live situations.

7. What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them.

Pickups on SG are their standard passive 490 and 498 humbuckers. I had a BC Rich Mockingbird with active pickups for few years, but in general preferred my SG in all kind of situations from live to recording. Tone feels richer with its passive pickups and less sterile as active can be sometimes.

8. Lets get into amplification. Same drill: brand, model, speakers, etc.
     


I was using Line6 live pod for a long time until I finally got my hands on a guitar head that suited me. As mentioned before 5150 was the one I liked for years, but never could find one that would either be in good shape or decent price. Eventually got an EVH 5150III EL-34 50W and I am very happy with it. Cab paired with it is Marshall 1960

9. Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy.

As mentioned above I use Line6 XT live pod for any effects needed. It is very versatile and it easy to work with.

10. Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail..

To be honest I was never dreaming about any particular rig.

 Ok I wanted 5150 head but that’s about it. I am happy with SG guitar and everything else ;)

11. What guitarist can you not stand?

Hmm, it is a weird question, not sure anybody that plays a guitar has one they can’t stand. I don’t have one.

12. Is tone more important or is technique?

Tone for sure, at least in metal. Technique will mean little if your guitar sounds like a fart.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist?

Chuck Shuldiner,
Jon Nodveidt,
 Michael Romeo,
Mikael Akerfeldt,
 cant really name 5th that would stood out for me personally above others.

14. Who is the most overrated guitarist?

Don’t really follow guitarists ratings heh, so can’t answer that.

15. Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?

Not sure if 1 hour would do much, lol, but sitting down for an hour with Chuck would be great!!


No comments:

Post a Comment