NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, October 21, 2019

THE BATTERY SERIES : VILE CYNIC


1.What is your name and what band do you play for?
( apparently after a night out with Jackpipe he is in witness protection.... name not included)
 I play drums in Vile Cynic

2.Who made you want to play drums and why? 

May sound weird considering the style I play, but David Silveria of Korn. Just looked like alot of fun.

3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…


4.Were your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

They were always supportive of it, but sometimes not fans of the noise….especially when I first started.

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?
   

I don't think I could pick just one honestly. There are so many amazing tracks. 

6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL. 

Ok. I got alot of gear. I'll stick to what I use consistently.
    

It's a Tama Superstar in Brushed Metallic Black finish. Birch/basswood shells. 

Drums
Toms: 6x8, 8x10, 10x12, 11x13, 14x14, and 16x16. 
Bass: (2) 18x22
Snares: Tama SLP Black Brass 6.5x14 and Tama Hand Hammered Steel Piccolo 4x13

Cymbals: All Sabian. 
Crashes: 16" AA, 16" O-Zone, 19"AA, and 18"XSR
Ride: 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride
Splash: 8" and 10" B8
China: 16" AA

Hardware 
Gibraltar  double bass curved rack (for practice and recording)

Gibraltar single bass curved rack for shows. 

All clamps are Gibraltar and all tom holders and cymbal stands are Tama brand.

2 Single Tama Speed Cobra pedals and a Tama Speed Cobra double pedal for shows.

   


7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL

It would have everything! All sizes and shapes of drums and cymbals. They make it. I want it on my set!

8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy

Guess it's good thing neither of them are my favorites......I can feel the hate from people as I type this.

 In no particular order 
Steve Smith 
Jason Bittner
Thomas Lang
Dom Famularo
Jeramie Kling

  

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?

Both honestly. Studio for the sound clarity and live for the energy. 


10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist? 
  

HAHAHA! No……
























No comments:

Post a Comment