NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, October 6, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Jake Meditz of VILE CYNIC




1.Tell us your name and the band you play for   I’m Jake Meditz and I play rhythm guitar in Vile Cynic. 
  



2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar   I grew up listening to a lot of 80’s metal and some metal and death metal cassettes that my brother used to pass along to me so it’s a big mix.  I remember watching all the classic hair metal videos on mtv and listening to some morbid angel and cannibal corpse and pantera cassettes whenever I could. 


3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons? Both actually.


4. Can you read music, Can you read tab? 


 I can read a little music but I don’t really use it.  Mostly tabs


5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ? 


 Tone wise I wouldn’t say I have the most amazing tone but I’m working on it. 


6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )


I have 5 Jackson guitars currently, and 3 of which I use for shows.  I have a white dk2m, a  2018 spalted maple Jackson, and a 2018 snow white Rhoads Professional.

      *this pic is erotic- moose



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? 

Tell us about them     I’m a fan of passive pickups. I use Seymour Duncan Black Winter’s in my guitars. 


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc  I just recently starting using an EVH 5150 III head.  I absolutely love it.  Cab wise I just have a cheap randall 4x12 but I’m in the process of building my own.


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy   I’m simple when it comes to pedals.  I currently have a Precision Overdrive by Horizon Devices, an MXR studio compressor, and my Shure wireless pedal with a built in tuner. 


10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail   Dream rig would a Daemoness guitar, EVH 5150 III head and cab, and I would only add in one or two more pedals honestly.  I would get a nice reverb pedal and a chorus pedal.  I’m simple like I said. 


11.What guitarist can you not stand? 

 Dave Grohl
 *I will let this slide he loves metal more than his mom - moose



I12. Is tone more important or is technique?  Technique I think


13. Name your top 5 guitarist. 

 Chuck Schuldiner,
 Aaron Homma, 
Jason Becker, Dimebag Darrell, Jadran Gonzalez.  But they rotate every so often.


14.Who is the most overrated guitarist.  Tom Morello
       

Dont Hate but while you do want to look at my bank account?
 
15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?  Chuck Schuldiner


 

1 comment: