NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, October 31, 2019

THE BATTERY SERIES : Jeffrey Adkins / Dreams In Peril






1.What is your name and what band do you play for?

Answer: My name is Jeffrey Adkins and I play Drums for Dreams In Peril
   


2.Who made you want to play drums and why?

Answer: I feel like I've been a drummer since playing on pots and pans as a kid. Everything I saw with drumming in it caught my interest growing up weather it be in cartoons, live concerts, music the adults were listening too.. It all starts when you're a kid. I guess drummers in general made me want to play drums.

3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…

Answer: I got my 1st and last kit in elementry school. My band teacher told my parents they need to buy me a drum set. We went to Explorers Percussion and I picked out a Tama Rockstar with all birch shells and a black woodgrain finish. 1 crash/ride and 1 ride on boom stands. Single kick pedal and a hi-hat. It's the only kit I've ever owned. I've beat the crap out of it and it still sounds just as good as the day I brought it gome from Explorers.

4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

    

Answer: Absolutely. They knew it kept me out of trouble so they never complained about the noise especially being in the country. They had no problem driving me to Warrensburg, MO for drum lessons as long I took it seriously. I very much appreciate they're support.

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?

Answer: Dufficult to answer right off the top of my head. No way can I narrow it down to 1. It's between Oceano "Depths", Lamb of God "Ashes of The Wake", August Burns Red "Messengers", Devil Driver "The Fury of Our Makers Hand", Infant Annihilator "The Elysian Grandeval" and many more.

6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.

 

Answer: Tama Rockstar
10,12,14 inch toms evans G2 heads
20inch kick w/ roland trigger, DM5 module and a remo 2 ply head w/ patch
13×6 inch Porkpie snare evans genera HD coated head
Gibraltar tom rack system
17 and 16 in Crashes
17 and 16 inch China's
10 inch splash
5 inch aluminum bell
5 in brass bell
20 inch ride
13 inch paiste hats
All other symbols are Sabian
DW 7000 double bass pedal
Alesis Sample Pad for bass drops
Throne is a 16×4in doctor's stool with stationary casters and a "Stone Thrones" seat cover.
     

7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL

Answer: My dream kit would be the exact same setup I currently have except with a pearl masterworks all Maple kit with a 22inch Kick 8,10,12 and 16in toms and a custom finish maybe black woodgrain fade to blood red or chrome. Pearl tom rack system. All Istanbul cymbals. Trick double bass pedal. Bigger sample pad with trigger plug-ins. My very own custom snare made with cast iron and maple if it's even possible.

8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy

Answer:
Abe Cunningham
Danny Carey
Chad Kent
Eloy Casagrande
Aaron Stechauner

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?
    

Answer: I think most drummers would agree on Live. I actually have a lot less nerves performing live than I do trying to lay down a perfect take in the studio. Though it is rewarding getting to hear your own recording. I definitely prefer live.

10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?

Answer:I think I'm cool just having 1 at a time. Haha! I dont know. Ask 100 women.




No comments:

Post a Comment