NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, October 3, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Scott Wright of Forever Broken




Rising up from the ashes of Sweet Violence came a new band started by Stevil Clark and Scott Wright along with Michael Johnson and Jimmy Paul.; Forever Broken was completed when original guitarist and founding member of Sweet Violence came back after a long music hiatus.Due to health reasons Stevil Clark has been unable to resume but will forever be a member along with original bassist Chris Gray.Tim Smith has taken over the bass duties and has contributed to the song writing already. The idea was simple to push the metal to a new level and not sound or be like any other band out there. Although Forever Broken plays a few covers they are totally original and stand out as one of the best local bands and the most original band around. The music speaks for itself along with our groove melodies and lyrics. 1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
    


My name is Scott Wright and my band is called Forever Broken.

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar
Really all the 80's guitar players but my 2 main influences would be Alex Scholnick of Testament and Jake E. Lee and George Lynch.

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
.I am self taught I did have a friend growing up who took lessons and he showed me the basics.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

.I can read music and tab becuase I started out way back when I was in 3rd grade playing sax and tuba but quit that as soon as I found out I was really good at football.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?
I am getting there but still trying to get that solo lead tone..

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )
Wel this has been a journey. I started out playing Les Pauls and Schecter guitars. I then found ESP Eclipses which to me is superior over the Les Pauls. The only guitars I play now is my signature TTM Devastator guitar. I have been endorsed as a Tier 1 player for almost 2 years now.
  



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them
I always liked EMG active pickups and SD blackouts to go with my peavey 6505+ head. They just sound nasty.


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc
I am a huge Peavey 6505+ head user. I prefer Celestion vintage 30's. The other amp I really really like is the Bugera Trirec head. It is very under rated.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy
I hate pedals because of the noise. I do have a pedal board though but I keep it simple. My guitar into my Mark Tremonti wah into my tube screamer 808 then into my amp. I do use the effects loop for my Sonic Maximizer, EQ, and noise gate. Thats it. Simple but sounds great.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..
We play with a band called As a Nation Dies and Woody their guitar player uses an Egl amp that is the best sounding amp I ever heard but for me I have my dream rig already.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?
I dont dislike any guitar player or their playing. To me the only thing that would piss me off is a guitar player who is so conceited they dont speak to you or think they have to solo and turn up so loud over the band.
12. Is tone more important or is technique?
Some say technique creates your tone. I guess it would be 50-50. If you cant play it doesnt matter what the tone sounds like. But if you are a great player and your tone sucks bad it will make the great guitar player sound average.
  


13. Name your top 5 guitarist
1. Alex Scholnick(Testament)
2. Rob Cavestany(Death Angel)
3.Criss Oliva (savatage) He would have been 1 if he was still alive and still writing music..
4.Jake E. Lee(more because of Badlands but his Ozzy stuff is nasty too)
5.Chris OJ Ojeda (Byzantine) His rhythmn playing along with vocals is amazing.

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
A ton of the most popular guitar players. So many great guitar players never get noticed because the band stunk or the vocals were horrible

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
Alex Scholnick his style and versatility are amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment