NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, October 28, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Geoffrey (Guitar player) from Martyr





1.Tell us your name and the band you play for

Geoffrey (Guitar player) from Martyr (https://www.martyronline.nl/)
 


2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar

My Cousin

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

Self taught

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

Yes I can
Back in the day I went to the library to rent some tablature books.
Now you have Guitar Pro etc


5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

My sound is not exceptional, however I can mostly create a good sound with most amps. It’s all in the fingers 😊
   

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )
I am very blessed to have an endorsement at Ibanez guitars:
https://www.ibanez.com/eu/artists/detail/1298.html

See below my Ibanez guitars:

6 string guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 BK
Ibanez RG502 BEM
Ibanez RGT-42-MDX
Ibanez VBT-700

7 string guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG752AHM
ibanez Premium RG927QMZ-RDT


7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them

I prefer Passive pickups because in my opinion you can hear more sound definition with passive pickups. I am a big fan of Bare Knuckle pickups. In one of my 7 string guitars I have the Bare Knuckle WarPig pickups build in.

I also like Dimarzio (D activator) pickups and Seymour Duncan (SH-5) pickups.
I have those in my other Ibanez guitars.
My Ibanez RGT-42-MDX is also fully customized over the years. The only part that is still original is the wood and the color. All other parts are replaced.




8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

ENGL!!!
For me I don’t need much options on my amp to create the sound I want.
ENGL amps are doing a great job for me. Not only for Metal but also for other music styles.
I have obtained several models in the past years.
The amps I know use mostly is my ENGL Powerball or ENGL Fireball
  


9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy

I am still old school.
On my pedalboard I only use an ENGL switch, MXR Delay, MXR  Noisegate, KORG Tuner, Dunlop Wah and my Line 6 Relay 30 (wireless system)



10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..

I don’t have a dream rig.


11.What guitarist can you not stand?

I don’t like people that are arrogant and not respecting other people in general if you are a musician or not.




12. Is tone more important or is technique?

Yes I agree.
Of course it helps, but you don’t have to be Steve Vai to play good music.
On stage the most important thing is stage presence in my opinion.

 


13. Name your top 5 guitarist

John Petrucci
Eddie Van Halen
Jason Becker
Marty Friedman
Slash




14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
I don’t know



15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
John Petrucci

No comments:

Post a Comment