NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Off the Deep End Series : Vile Cynic

 
1.Why Bass?

I’m a rhythm guy, I like to make people bounce their heads and move their asses.

 

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?


I think it’s easy for bass to go overlooked, sure. But in most cases, if bass is left out or turned
down in the mix, something just sounds off. I think the low end is an essential part to making a
groove work. So yeah, if you’re telling me bass gets little credit, I’d say it’s lack of knowledge.


3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why


Oh man, I’m a gear slut. You do know how many guitars/basses one needs, right??? One
more is the right answer.
I’m currently digging the new Jackson Bass series. I just picked up the Jackson PJ Concert
Bass in Snowhite and it’s great!
My other main bass that I always go back to is a Warwick Corvette $$ in ocean blue. That’s the
bass you’ll hear on the Sovereigns Of Death EP we released this summer.
I pick a bass based on playability and tone, its gotta have a nice low end with that mean growl to
it to become part of my arsenal.

  

4.Tell us about your amplification


Gallien Krueger 1001RB [Live], Gallien Krueger 400RB [in the rehearsal space], and an Orange
combo at home as my practice amp.

 

5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?
Absolutely!!!


Tone is key to fill the space artistically. It’s just as important as the color pallet is to a painting,
and the stone is to the sculpture. The tone is the substance on which music is created.


6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?


4 string. I have a nice Ibanez 5 string, but that’s just in case i need to adventure into a higher
spectrum. You see, I play tuned to ACGC so I cover the low end for sure with my 4 string.

7.Who is your favorite bassist?


What day is it, and what’s my mood, heh.


Cliff, Flea, Les Claypool, Geddy Lee, David Ellefson, Jaco, John Paul Jones, Geezer, Steve
Harris, Vic Wooten. I dig the dudes that push the envelope for bass. It’s hard to pick one!!!

8. Who is your least favorite bassist?


Couldn’t tell you. ( *whats with kids today? its completely ok to think someone sucks and to say it -ed)
  


9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?


It’s a sexy instrument!

10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?


Cliff Burton, I think he’d offer the most relevant advice and technique with me.



11. Bonus question


Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan which is more ridiculous and why* guess this question wasn't important 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment