1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Tuscoma became a thing before Kurt, (guitar & vox) or I, (drums) even realised it was something. Previously we had been playing in a trio under the name Hollywoodfun Downstairs. When the bassist left the band we continued for sometime touring as a duo but when it came time to write new music we realised the dynamic had changed and that this was a new sound and really a whole new band.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Tuscoma is the name of a place that doesn't exist. Like a lost city or a place only spoken about under proples breath in hushed rumours.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We're based in Wellington, New Zealand. The metal scene here is really good at the moment, thanks to a dude named Ben who runs an awesome venue called Valhalla and brings quality bands to the country regularly.
Good bands from here; Opium Eater (doom/post/stoner metal), Stälker (thrash/speed/tight leather pants), Starving Millions (hard outs punk).
4. How would you describe your style?
Intense as fuck. Fast, loud and brooding.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Our debut album, Arkhitecturenominus, is being released through Antena Krzyku and Muzai Records on the 16th of august. You can expect ten tracks of aural assault.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
We never really stop working on new stuff, practically as soon as we left the studio we were looking towards the next set of songs. We hope to get back in the studio within a year to lay down the next album.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
We've got an album release show here in Wellington on the 18th and then we head to Europe for a 2 month continent wide tour. Dates and locations available at www.facebook.com/Tuscomaofficial.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
We just want to make more heavy, fast, loud and dark music and play as many shows in as many places as we can.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
You can grab a copy of Arkhitecturenominus on vinyl from www.antenakrzyku.pl. streaming on Spotify, Bandcamp and all that stuff.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
"Fuck, that was hard out".