GENRE Symphonic/prog metal
BIOGRAPHY Born in the 2015, Entropy Coding is a band created by the keyboardist and main composer Susanna Coltrè. The main purpose of this project is to reinterpret in a new way the symphonic metal genre, using prog and power metal elements with innovative voices. She needed to collaborate with 10 musicians, specialized in different musical genres. In January 2018, the debut album “Tales of the Moon” is out in digital distribution with the music label Agoge Records. A contribution to this project was the meeting with the producer Gianmarco Bellumori (Agoge Records), who was able to give form to Susanna's work, creating an original and personal sound during the recording period made at Wolf Recording Studio: so Tales Of The Moon has taken life!
DISCOGRAPHY Feel The Air (single + lyric video) January 2018 Tales Of The Moon (digital album) January 2018
CONTACTS Facebook: www.facebook.com/EntropyCodingOfficial
Please tell us about the band and its members.
We are Entropy Coding, a symphonic-prog metal band from Rome. The project was created by our keyboardist and main composer Susanna Coltrè. She collaborated with other 10 musicians, specialized in other genres, to create this unique album: Emiliano Cantiano as Drummer, the bassist Leonardo Barcaroli, Melania Petrillo and Giovanni Saulini as Singers, Filippo Rosati, Fabrizio Proietti, Cristiano Neila, Vlad Voicu, Davide Catania, Danilo Carrabino as Guitarists.
2. Who does the majority of the writing? Is it a group thing or does someone handle the writing duties?
Susanna was the main composer of the album, she wrote keyboard, orchestral and vocal’s arrangements. Thanks to the professionalism and the skills of these 10 musicians, the dream of Entropy Coding and Tales of the Moon became true.
3. Where is the band based out of ? Where did you want to the band to end up? What was the dream city to have as your home base once you got out of your scene?
We are from Rome. We’d like to bring our music all over the world and we hope to find our dream city. For now, we can’t decide it.
4. What is your genre? What bands do you use to explain to people what you sound like?
Our genre is a mix of symphonic and progressive metal music: our main purpose is to reinterpret in a new way the symphonic metal genre, using prog and power metal elements with innovative voices.
5. Can we buy anything from you Cd's shirts etc and where can we buy them?
You can buy our first album Tales of the Moon on every digital platform, as Amazon, ITunes, Spotify.
6. Do you have studio time lined up anything new coming soon?
At the moment we are preparing for our gigs. We’d like to start writing new material for the next album asap.
7. Have you ever been on tour? If so where and with who?
Actually no. As single member, we had the chance to share the stage with different great metal bands, we hope to do it again soon as Entropy Coding.
8. What is your favorite band? Who are the bands who influenced you?
Nightwish, Epica, Dream Theater and Symphony X are the bands who influenced us the most. They are so innovative in every new album and they are such an inspiration for us.
9. Do you have a website? And do I have to verify that I am 18 to enter it?
Of course we have our website www.entropycoding.com with all our info and news, but we are active also on Facebook.
10. What about your music do you want people to remember? What is the quality you want to hit people when they hit play?
We just want to show our world, made of fantasy, adventures and darkness. We want to create a sort of soundtrack of our lives. If you can understand this and touch our soul, well...we’ll realize all of our dreams.
11. Name a person who is integral to your band that nobody knows about , what person drives your band like they are part of the band? Who is the extra member ?
Our extra members are our families and friends that support us everytime. A special thank goes to our producer Gianmarco Bellumori, who guides us in every step of our story.
12. Tell nerds like me about your live rig and equipment.
Susanna: for now we can’t say what our live equipment will be. We collaborate with a lot of musicians and they use differents setup according to the studio or live experience. As the founder of the project, I can just talk about my keyboards: Korg Krome 73, Korg TR88 and my home-made keytar Eteria.
13.What is your musical guilty pleasure that you are ashamed of?
We don’t think to have one. We appreciate a lot of music genres because we can learn something from them.
14.If you could custom build a band who would be the members?
We’d like to see a band with Marco Minnemann as Drummer, Ashe O’Hara and Floor Jansen as Singers, Derek Sherinian as Keyboardist, Tony Levin as bassist and Petrucci as Guitarist. It’s a strange and absurd mix, but it can work!
15.Message to the fans? What is it?
If you have a dream, just work hard for it and follow it, even if you’re alone. At the end of the journey, all your efforts will be rewarded.