NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, July 30, 2018

THIS VOID INSIDE INTERVIEW

1. Please tell us about the band and its members. 

Dave Shadow: The band was initially formed in 2003 as a “one man project” by me (former frontman of the Italian gothsters My Sixth Shadow)   to experiment new kind of sound. In 2008, after spending a couple of years recruiting musicians and practicing  new songs, the band signed for Decadance records (Latexxx Teens, Pulcher Femina, Siva Six)  and released its first album: Dust. 
The full length received good feedback  and gained the respect of a large number of fans. 
In 2009 TVI split up or better  until 2016 when Dave Shadow and Saji Connor (two of the original members) decided  to re-form the band along with Frank Marrelli (lead guitar). After a while Alberto Sempreboni and Simone Gerbasi successfully auditioned for the roles of rhythm guitarist and drummer. 
In 2018 we signed for Agoge Records and to release our second album: My second birth/My only death. 

2. Who does the majority of the writing? Is it a group thing or does someone handle the writing duties?

Dave Shadow: Basically all songs are written and produced by me with an help in arrangements by the other guys in the band . 

3. Where is the band based out of ? Where did you want to the band to end up? What was the dream city to have as your home base once you got out of your scene?

Dave Shadow: We all live in Rome (Italy) one of the worst place on the planet  to play music!  Probably I would like to live  in Helsinki, I am in love with that town. It's a place where you can have fun and where you can a quiet life like a retiree! 


4. What is your genre? What bands do you use to explain  to people what you sound like?

Dave Shadow: Actually I don't like how to define our music. Anyway I can't deny that it's important to bring the audience closer to our stuff.  I can say that our genre is such a strange mix of different influences that you can call: new romantic gothic metal. 
Frank: I like to define This Void Inside as a mix of London After Midnight, Placebo and The Cult processed by the unique genius of Dave Shadow.

5. Can we buy anything from you Cd's shirts etc and where can we buy them?
Frank: new album is available on line on every digital store, you can do a pre order at rome@agogerecords.com or wait 'till autumn for the worldwide distribution of the cd. For other kind of merchandising you can check the news on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thisvoidinsideofficial/ or at our official site www.thisvoidinside.com
6. Do you have studio time lined up anything new coming soon?
Frank: We have lots of new songs, now we have to promote our new album but Dave is a very prolific composer so I have to listen lots of ideas and songs every week.

7. Have you ever been on tour? If so where and with who?
Frank: This Void Inside in 2008/2009 made lots of gigs and played in some goth fests, but didn't play in real worldwide tours, it was ages ago and there were some problems 'cause the band disbanded after the release of the first album... 

8. What is your favorite band? Who are the bands who influenced you?
Dave Shadow: It's hard to list all my favorite bands! Besides being a musician I am a “voracious” listener as well! My first love were Europe. Joey Tempest influenced me either as singer and as song writer.
Other important bands in my life are (randomly listed) : Him, Depeche Mode, Bon Jovi, Dark Tranquillity. Apoptygma Berzerk, Annihilator, In Flames, Saviour Machine, The Rasmus, To/Die/For, Cradle Of Filth and many many more. 
I fundamentally like the whole Scandinavian rock scene!

9. Do you have a website? And do I have to verify that I am 18 to enter it? 
Frank: As I've said before you can follow us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/thisvoidinsideofficial/ or at our official site, you can read every news about us at http://www.agogerecords.com/

10. What about your music do you want people to remember? What is the quality you want to hit people when they hit play?
Dave Shadow: The lyrics and the melody . When I write a song I think about a melody that hit your brain while lyrics sweep  away your thoughts and bringing you to a parallel universe where my soul is discovered. 

11. Name a person who is integral to your band that nobody knows about , what person drives your band like they are part of the band? Who is the extra member ?
Frank: Dave is a great composer and singer but we had a great help from Emiliano Rubbi (an italian producer that mastered our album) and Gianmarco Bellumori that believed in us and released our album with his label Agoge Records

12. Tell nerds like me about your live rig and equipment.
Frank: With This Void Inside live I use a Mesa Boogie Translatic head set on the clean channel with a Tc Electronic Nova System in front of it and a cabinet Marshall 1922 2x12, I had lots of guitars, live I prefer to use Stratocaster... But I had some Les Paul too that I use sometimes... 
Saji Connor: As  bass player of the band I have a kind of minimalist equipment formed by my Rickenbaker 4001 custom bass from 1981 and a Yamaha TRBX, concerning the pedal effects at the moment I use an Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 custom and a Boss Superoverdrive SD-1. Then I use Ampeg B2 Head Bass Amp and an equalizer sometimes.

13.What is your musical guilty pleasure that you are ashamed of?

Saji Connor: I have nothing to be ashemed of. I listen everything I like, and if I like it, I don't need to hide it!

14.If you could custom build a band who would be the members?

Saji Connor: It is a great question, but I cannot answer because I would build too many dream bands!!
Frank Marrelli: Ronnie James Dio on vocals, Steve Stevens and me guitars, Duff on bass and Frankie Banali on drums... Or the This Void Inside line up... I am Jockin' man!

15.Message to the fans? What is it?

Dave Shadow: Don't let the others kill your dreams.
Saji Connor: Live the music in freedom and feel free to support  music you like because the love that the fans share is the fuel that makes  music goes on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment