NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Can someone please explain what is going on?

What happened to Soundchecked? Every week we used to get this cool 2 hour show full of kick ass indie metal with Moose rating the music in tacos or Cheetos or bacon you know fat guy stuff and then all of a sudden turns into a one hour show then it disappears for a few weeks then ok what the hell!!!

Son in 2014 when I started Metal Moose after years of doing Dirt Talk and Rapture Radio and The Static Mass after years of doing The Metal Observer I really did not even want to get back into radio honestly but if I did I wanted to do it my way and absolutely set a president I was NOT going to use sex , drugs , Satan and I was going to make fun of every metal cliche I could. And I did and it pissed A LOT of people off and you know why? IT WORKED! I took the rules of the big boys and turned it around on the industry and guess what I kicked its ass!
Now look im not swimming in money hell in actuality Metal Moose cost me more than it made me and that is ok because it was never about money. It was about setting a president!

4 years later I decided to change things up with Soundchecked and once again break all the rules and do something out of the box and do real time reviews on the spot the minute I heard the song it was fun it was new it was exciting and t was also doing really well!! But I have got to be honest with you I was back in the same ol boat I was in before , I was bored fought like Hell to make a name for myself in the radio and Podcast world and I did it! Metal Moose is a worldwide brand and I did it my way! For the love of God above I have people screaming MOOSE!! at me everywhere I go. I get it I love it and I created it. The Metal Moose is actually the name of my company I took the plunge and made it like a real company and it is the base of Soundchecked , Metal Moose , Blacktooth Digital and Metal Coffee!



Back to Soundchecked, So I am bored I have achieved what I set out to do but I have got to help bands the entire reason I started doing all of this how can I keep this going and not be bored stiff? Maybe I could use all of the contacts  have made over the years and help bands get their music to the right people and I can piss off a bunch of the thieves and sharks out there using bands dreams to line their filthy pockets? Maybe I can use the audience Metal Moose and Soundchecked have gained me and put it to use getting bands to the right people at the right time in the right place and stick my middle finger in the face of the music industry AGAIN!!
Step one think of something universal like Cheetos or bacon or tacos...... how about COFFEE!!!
Yes! That is it Metal and Coffee a name surely nobody will take seriously and its ever so Moose!
I am going to start a PR company called Metal Coffee and kick the industry in the ass for the 3rd time and they re gonna hate it!! So I did it, On Jan 1st 2018 I started Metal Coffee PR and the very first thing I did was say lets make this so damn easy for bands $10 a week!!! Are you kidding me?!??! for ten lousy bucks I can do things for your band that others charge THOUSANDS for!

And 7 months later with over 50 bands I represent and TEN count them TEN bands who now have record deals!!! Thousands of contacts around the globe now have a new source for music and talent and the music is on the radio EVERYWHERE! And bands are becoming successful and I am doing it MY way!

Lastly Soundchecked is still alive I promise!
Here is how things will work for NOW who knows in 3 months I may change everything again.
Each week I am going to release a 2 hour Metal Moose tracks of the week show with 2 solid hours of the most killer music out there. No talking just METAL! And occasionally when I have the time or if people really really bug me to do it I will do Soundchcked again and get back on the mic. Its always been about the music ALWAYS
Oh and pissing off the industry lol gotta love the Moose!

Always Grinding!
Wes J 

No comments:

Post a Comment