NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, July 6, 2018

HUMAN POLLUTION INTERVIEW

 1. Please tell us about the about the band and its members. 
       -My name is Joe Phipps and I write and produce these songs. We have had many live members of the passed and future. 

2. Who does the majority of the writing? Is it a group thing or does someone handle the writing duties?
         -I like to explore writing songs on different instruments or software. Whatever fits the message at hand. 

3. Where is the band based out of ? Where did you want to the band to end up? What was the dream city to have as your home base once you got out of your scene?
          -We live around St. Louis. I like this place. 
I would like to film an acoustic set at Machu Picchu someday.  

4. What is your genre? What bands do you use to explain  to people what you sound like?
        It is Rock but we stray so very vastly. There are black metal parts. There are tribal parts. There is psychedelic music. There is industrial. It is all tied together and makes more sense once it is heard.

 5. Can we buy anything from you Cd's shirts etc and where can we buy them?
       -Yes, merch is available at www.humanpollution.com 

6. Do you have studio time lined up anything new coming soon?
     -I record here at home whenever inspiration strikes. I recommend this method to any musician with the patience and endurance to learn how and save thousands of dollars but loose thousands of hours. 

7. Have you ever been on tour? If so where and with who?
   - Not anything worth talking about

8. What is your favorite band? Who are the bands who influenced you?
        -Counting Crows first cd really did a number on me as a kid. 


9. Do you have a website? And do I have to verify that I am 18 to enter it? 
      - yes, www.humanpollution.com and if I could put whatever I wanted up then yes, it would be that way. Muah hahaha
10. What about your music do you want people to remember? What is the quality you want to hit people when they hit play?
    -Nothing is what it seems. We have been diluted by a construct of society and we no longer perceive existence for what it is or can be. If you look a little closer and learn to shed what we have learned about ego and possession you will find yourself living a different life. And all it takes is you, no one else.  

11. Name a person who is integral to your band that nobody knows about , what person drives your band like they are part of the band? Who is the extra member ?
      - My videos, lyric videos and graphics would not be the same without Tyler Cobillas of TC Media.

12. Tell nerds like me tell us about your live rig and equipment.
       - I use Telefunken mics live but might soon get a headset so I can play my new 8-string acoustic by Agaile at the same time and move around. This 8 string is wonderful and I use it to record super heavy riffs as well as the more gentle parts. I use Korg keyboards and Ddrum in both the studio and live. In the studio I use a wide variety of sounds however from hitting a washing machine with a mallet to a bow on a saw blade and will usually backtrack those strange sounds live with samplers.

13.What is your musical guilty pleasure that you are ashamed of?
       - I would wield shame if I was trying to hold onto a certain image that could be broken by an idea like listening to so called “gay music”. haha. But I am proud to say I love everything from matchbox 20 to bluegrass to Cannibal Corpse to Counting Crows… I don’t prefer by genres, I like good songs. This morning while doing some choirs I blasted Elton John then some Eastern Shamanic flute music. Tomorrow might be Rings of Saturn.

14.If you could custom build a band who would be the members?
     - I love this question
Bass- Ryan Martinie of Mudvayne
Keys- Mustic from Dimmu Borgir
Guitars- Head from Korn (Shut up this is my fun question)
            - Joe Satriani 
Drums- Mark Portnoy from Dream Theater 
Vocals- Adam from Three Days Grace to sing and the guy from Infant Annihilator for the gutturals…
…What a weird mix up… 

15.Message to the fans? What is it?
   - Eat 10 grams of mushrooms and sit alone in the dark with no sounds or interruptions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment