NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, April 25, 2020

BATTERY DRUMMER INTERVIEW : Patch Haley / ROT

1.What is your name and what band do you play for?


My name is Patch Haley and I play drums for ROT
  

2.Who made you want to play drums and why?


A lot of kids at my middle school picked up guitar and bass, so I decided to be a drummer. Ultimately, I would credit John Bonham with inspiring me to hop behind a kit.


3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…


I got my first kit for Christmas when I was in 6th grade.


4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?


My parents were incredibly supportive and paid for drum lessons.  I did have to use rubber silencing pads most of the time


5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?


I would say Dave Grohl’s performance on Song for the Deaf, specifically “No One Knows”.


6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.
  

I have two kits, my favorite is a Yamaha Beech Wood Custom, 14” rack tom, 18” floor tom and kick drum is 22x20.  I just bought a vintage 1969 Ludwig Supraphonic snare, it’s my baby.  I rock all Zildjian cymbals, 13” K Custom Dark hi-hats, 16” K Custom Dark Thin Crash, 21” A Custom Sweet Ride, and 18” A Custom Crash.  My other kit is a vintage blue sparkle Ludwig Kit.  I only have the original kick drum and rack tom.
  

7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL


My dream kit is a custom Ludwig Vistalite kit, completely clear.


8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy


1) John Bonham 2) Dave Grohl 3) Ginger Baker 4) Jason McGerr 5) Tony Royster Jr 


9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?
    

I play a lot of both and studio time is super fun, but nothing compares with the live energy.


10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?


Ha! Lead singers always get the chicks, no matter what anybody tells you.

No comments:

Post a Comment