Tell us your name and the band you play for
1. My name is Myles Weaver and I play guitar and sing in the band Children of Atom.
Who made you want to pick up the guitar
2. I wanted to pick up the guitar because it felt right to me. My father played when I was little and I heard Led Zeppelin when I was 10 and it was over, I wanted to learn.
Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
3. My father taught me my first chords and a few licks and I learned every classic rock lick I could, from AC/DC to Led Zepplin.
Can you read music, Can you read tab?
4.I took music classes in school and I knew how to read sheet music from playing corner (which is a smaller trumpet) from there I studied jazz bass and learned how to sight read and yes I can read tab as well.
Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?
5. I definitely feel like I have my own sound even when I am not plugged into an amp, tone is in the fingers.
Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )
6. I have two gibsons a 2008 sg special in Pelham blue with an ebony fretboard that I found in a pawn shop for $250 (they didnt think it was real, I verified it) and a 2011 les paul 1960s that was "converted" to a deluxe
What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them
7.My SG has the standard pickups that came with it out of the factory and my les paul was converted from p90s to mini humbuckers (I love the Thin Lizzy sound)
Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc
8. I am really big into Orange amps I havent really played one I didnt think sounded killer. I own a cr120 and i have a reissue Fender twin reverb and i love how it sounds. I am not too picky about speakers I am looking into getting some vintage 30s to put in a homemade cab I built with my father
9. I use a pedaltrain jr. My chain starts with a BBE ben wah wah pedal, then an earthquaker devices eruptor fuzz, fulltime ocd, poly tune mini, mxr carbon copy, boss noise suppressor, out of the loop from the noise suppressor into a earthquaker devices rainbow machine and a electro harmonics polyphonic octave generator mini. The fuzz is a huge part of my tone, the fuzz has maxed out volume and fuzz and I control the saturation and volume with my guitar volume.
Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy
Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..
10. My dream rig is definitely a wall of Orange custom shop 50s with matching cabs. As for pedals I just want them all, I love playing with new sounds.
What guitarist can you not stand?
11. I dont really focus on the negative aspects of people playing or learning an instrument and everyone has a different style and sound but as a guitarist I dont like lil Wayne.
Is tone more important or is technique?
12. Tone and technique are both important but if I play a lick and another guitarist plays the same lick they both will sound different so technique kind of builds your tone, so I would say technique.
13. Top five guitarists in no particular order
1. Jimmy Page
2. Frank Zappa
3. Jimi Hendrix
4. Brent Hinds
5. Toni Iommi
Who is the most overrated guitarist?
14. Kerry King from slayer, I dont dislike slayer but I have never been blown away by Kerry King's playing it just sounds like he is moving his trem up and down when he plays solos. It's just not very "musical" to me but hey, that's just like my opinion or whatever.
Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
15. I would love to sit down with Frank Zappa and talk about music. Frank has got to be THE most underrated guitarist of all time.