NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, November 15, 2019

The SlayHistory of Wes J Part 1

Get ready the Slayer tributes are about to be printed in every metal and music publication known to man and 99% of them will be more accurate and probably more interesting than this.
But there is no way I can let this band end without giving my personal SlayHistory.
I had a different reaction to Slayer then most people do I think because I had already been listening to Metallica , Anthrax , Testament , Exodus so “Thrash” was nothing new to me Slayer just bothered me for a lot of reasons but mainly I was not into the blasphemy. For show or not it bugged me and honestly I never wanted to support it. And unlike most it wasnt even the music that peaked my interest. This is where you find out how much of a nerd I am because it sometimes as simple as a guitar , not the guitar sound , a guitar and really just because it was a Jackson but the stickers are what got my attention the most and I can tell you it IS 100% why I know who the Dead Kennedys , Black Flag and The Circle Jerks are ALL of which I listened to because of that guitar and I found the little SS nazi sticker very very interesting little did I know how much war and nazi imagry had to do with Slayer. 
  

This was a black Jackson soloist covered in a musical and history background that I thought was the coolest guitar I had ever seen.
I had such a dislike for the band though even though I had never heard them no guitar was going to convince me to listen to them but this Jeff guy and his Jackson I liked.
Then I saw the “ other” guitarist and i just about threw up with the nail armband and his crappy BC Rich guitars with Kahyler  tremelo bridges VOMIT. This idiot had the audacity to use KING in his name and that cliche inverted cross guitar strap he just looked like an idiot and he used gear I could not stand.
Now in fairness Jeff played BC Rich for a bit as well but Jeff used the black Rich Bitch model also with awesome stickers. *editors note, I am now unsure if Jeff or Kerry used the Kayhler either way I hated kayhler still do. 

A friend was over to my house with a cassette copy of Reighn in Blood and I remember thinking how stupid it was the same songs on both sides. This only added to my already unimpressed thoughts on Slayer then he played it and the scream at the beginning of “ Angel of Death” sealed the fate of Slayer it was stupid and the vocal following was bad the guitar tones were so dry like day old turkey dry it was so bad I did not even realize they were singing bout THE angel of death , HISTORY my second love. And then the guitar solos hit and my world was ruined HOW could anyone make this beautiful instrument sound sooooooooooo terrible Slayers guitar solos were without question the WORST quality I have ever heard and hating them more than everything else I was hearing says A LOT.  Slayer sucks bye bye I hoped I would never have to endure the torture of that crap again….

No comments:

Post a Comment