NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, November 11, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Jacob Smith / Then Falls The Sky.

1.Tell us your name and the band you play for

My name is Jacob Smith and I play for Then Falls The Sky.

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar

Angus Young. Watching him run around on stage and being stupid.

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

 

Started out self taught then went to Chad for lessons which is how this whole thing sorta got started.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

I can't read actual sheet music, but I can read tab.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

I do. I've spent a lot of time working on my sound actually.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )

2016 ESP LTD MH-417 satan black finish Mohegan body thru neck rose wood fretboard.

7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them

EMG active 707 set. use active pick-ups. I prefer them over passive. It's easier to get a cleaner sound.

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

  
I play Bugera amplification. I have a Bugera 333XL, Bugera 333, and Bugera T50 Infinity. I use the T50 Infinity live. My cab is custom built with two Celestion Vintage 30’s

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy

I do. My pedal board is pretty simplistic. I only run my noise gate and tubescreamer. Everything else is just the wireless, tuner and my pedal switch.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..

  
I'd like to have a Mesa Tri-rec and all the fancy effects for the pedal board. Guitar-wise I'd like a Kiesel DC series with a neck-through multiscale fret with 81, 85 EMG pickups

11.What guitarist can you not stand?

Chad McElwee

I12. Is tone more important or is technique?

Both are extremely important. But no matter how talented you are, if your tone is bad no one will listen to you.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist

Oli Herbert, 

Mick Thompson,
Jason Richardson, 
Steve Vai,
Jimi Hendrix

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

Chad McElwee

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?

Oli Herbert. He's one of the biggest influences on my guitar style and he was an instructor before decided to join a band.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment