NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, November 22, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Josh / Dreams in Peril








1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
My name is Josh and I play for Dreams in Peril
2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar
I never really had a person or person inspire me to pick up the guitar. I just wanted to learn how to play it.
3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
I am self taught.
4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?
I can read tabs
5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?
  yes
6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )
There is a story with my guitar. But It is a custom by G# guitars and it is a baritone
7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them
Passive single coils. Actives just have way too much bite to them.
8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc
Peavey ultra 410 that I modded.  I happen to be an amp tech. I fix guitar amps for a job.  The cab is peavey bass cab loaded with Texas heat speakers by Eminence. 
9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy
I have for my reverb pedals a Strymon bigsky  and a mini HOF. For my modulation I strymon mobius and for delay I have a strymon timeline. For the over drives I have a flexdrive and a tube screamer . For the synth type sounds I have a Electro-harmonix mel9. And a Boss  ES-5 for a patchbay.
10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..
I don't really have a dream rig. 
11.What guitarist can you not stand?
I have not met one I could not stand yet
12. Is tone more important or is technique?
Both are equally important
13. Name your top 5 guitarist
I do  not have a top 5
14.Who is the most overrated guitarist
I don't pay attention to industry politics 

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?
I honestly do not know. I can get inspired by anything if I want to learn something new .




No comments:

Post a Comment