NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, November 28, 2019

THE AXEMEN SERIES : Jon Chapman / Shallowpoint














1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
    Jon Chapman of Shallowpoint


2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar?
    Randy Rhoads

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?
    I have taken a few lessons but mostly taught myself.   

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

    I can't sight read music but can figure it out given time. I can read tab.

5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?


    Yes and no. I edit profiles on my Kemper to customize them for performances. I know what sounds I like and what doesn't work for me. Generally, I really like the EVH 5150 III, but I don't sound anything like Eddie Van Halen.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )


    My main axe has been a black Jackson Christian Olde Wolders signature 7 string from 2006. I had the volume knob removed and replaced with a button from an arcade machine for a kill switch. I also have a black 7 string Epiphone Matt Heafy signature, an LTD SC607B, an LTD Alex Wade 7 string, an Ibanez ARZ207 customized with EMG pickups and Hipshot tuners, a Dean Razorback V, and a Gibson Les Paul Custom Zakk Wylde Vertigo.
  



7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them


    I am a huge proponent of active pickups. All my stage guitars have EMG with the exception of my SC607B, which has an active Fishman Fluence. This makes it way easier to swtich guitars live without having to tweak any settings on your rig as the sound is very consistent from guitar to guitar.


8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc
    I use a Kemper profiler and run directly to the front of house. In my studio, I run direct to my interface and out through my Behringer Nekkst K8 monitors.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy


    I used to but ditched them except for my Ibanez LF-7 LoFi (makes your guitar sound like an AM radio) and a Morley Patriot wah.


10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..  

 
    Believe it or not, I already did. I love my Kemper and will probably never buy another amp unless they figure out a way to improve upon perfection.


11.What guitarist can you not stand?


    Kurt Cobaine, but not because I hate Nirvana. I had been playing for a few years when he burst onto the scene, and all the sudden being really good at solos was out of style.


I12. Is tone more important or is technique?


    Tone, but good technique will ususally get you a good tone.

13. Name your top 5 guitarist
    Randy Rhoads
    Dime
    Alexi Laiho
    Paul Gilbert
    Bill Steer


14.Who is the most overrated guitarist


    Zakk Wylde


15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?


    Randy Rhoads or Chuch Schuldiner










www.themetalmoose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment