NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, November 10, 2019

THE BATTERY SERIES : Jonathan Rushford / Blood of Angels.










https://www.facebook.com/bloodofangels1/                 
1.What is your name and what band do you play for?

Jonathan Rushford. I play the drums for Blood of Angels.

2.Who made you want to play drums and why?

No person exactly - I have always moved my hands and feet to music. The drums have been the perfect tool to express my emotions, and energy.

3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…

  

I got my first drumset at the age of ten.
It was a TKO five piece set with two crash cymbals. The hi-hats and crashes were Ziljian Amir.

4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

Both of my parents were very supportive.
They helped me purchase my first kit.
Being allowed to set up in the living room with the radio, cassette player, and phonograph is proof of their support. The only downside was being cut off from practicing at dinner time.

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?
To choose from all of the genres is difficult. Based on technicality I would say The Obzen album from Meshuggah.

 
6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.
I currently drum on a five piece Pearl Vision set. Toms are 10",12", and 14". The kick is 20", I have a 13" snare.
My cymbals are all Sabian: AA Metal-X Splash 10", B8X O-Zone 16", AA Metal-X Crash 16", AA Metal-X Crash 18", Pro Sonix Ride 21", and B8 Hi-Hats 14".
I use a Mapex double kick pedal, with an Axis drive shaft.
My drums sticks are Ahead 5A.

7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL

My dream kit would consist of the current one I play on. The differences would be to add 13", 16", and 18" toms. I would add two AAX X-Treme Chinese cymbals 19" and 14". I would also switch the Hi-Hats to a Metal-X set.
  

8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy

This is always a tough question.
Keith Moon, Nils Dominator, Kjetil-Vidar, Stewart Copeland, and John Bonham.

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?

  
I prefer live. However, I love the studio. It's a completely different world. I'm very passionate in both environments.

10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?

There are always chicks wanting to hang out before, during, and after gigs. Someone always wants to come home with me.
I can't count the times I've heard "I love drummers".
...I have never heard that said about guitarists.

  
Evans G2 Level 360 drum heads on toms, Evans EC Reverse Dot Level 360 on snare, and the kick is also Evans, I don't have the specs handy for that... I left that out.

I would have thrown in Jimmy Chamberlin, but it was a list of five.


WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM


 

No comments:

Post a Comment