NIGHTMARE TOYS

Sunday, November 24, 2019

BATTERY SERIES : Jamie / Ingraves






1.What is your name and what band do you play for?

Hi my name is Jamie. I play drums In Scottish metal band Ingraves

2.Who made you want to play drums and why?

My dad. He was a drummer from a young age to. He grew up in the punk era so I have him and my mum to thank not just for getting me into drums but my music taste as a whole stemmed from everything they did for me at a much younger age than most of my friends in regards to taking me to concerts , encouraging my passion for the instrument etc etc

3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…
 

I got my first kit around 2000/2001. I remember it clear as day it was a dark blue high gloss finished Premier xpk. I loved that kit the finish to this day although on a budget kit is one of the nicest finishes on a kit I've ever seen.

4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

Like I said earlier yes MASSIVELY supportive. Not many parents would put up with the noise of playing in your bedroom for all those years until i moved out.

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?
 
That's a tough one. I dont necessarily think a flashy drum chop on a record is perfection alot of the time in regards to drums less is more nothing winds me up more than seeing drummers try and outplay the song if that makes sense. Danny Carey on any tool record. Abe Cunningham from deftones parts on alot of the tracks from diamond eyes and white pony albums are incredible to. The stuff Ray luzier who is now playing with Korn comes up with for those songs to is mind blowing.



6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.

I'm still using my old Premier gen X series kit I bought in 2008. Incredible kit although it is very tired and due an upgrade very soon. All tama hardware I use speed cobra pedals and hi hat stand. All zildjian cymbals A custom 16 inch crash used purely for accents A custom 18 inch crash K custom 21 inch crash ride 19 inch A custom China and my holy grail 22 inch z custom mega bell ride they dont make these anymore and I refuse to part with it. I also use an 8.5 zilbel on occasion. I play Evan's drum heads and use vic Firth 2b sticks.
  
7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL

Hard question. It would either be a Tama starclassic bubinga with the original 1980s bell brass snare. A dw collectors series and more recently a sonor sq2. I seen cristoph Schneider from rammstein play one a few years back and it just blew me away although I dont think my mrs would be to happy if I re mortgaged the house to buy one.

 

8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy

Thomas lang ,
 Danny Carey ,
 Mario duplantier ,
 Eloy casagrande
 and probably Lars Ulrich
 not due to his ability but he is the drummer that got me into the kind of music I play and listen to today. I feel that earns him a spot...maybe

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?

Live hands down. Studio is the reason bands break up

10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?

I'm in a longterm relationship with my mrs and have the best little boy ever plus I look like I've been set on fire and put out with a golf shoe so i honestly couldnt answer that truthfully sorry.

Who even likes guitars anyway. Anybody who's hands can bend like that cannot be trusted  

https://www.facebook.com/IngravesUK/
www.themetalmoose.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment