NIGHTMARE TOYS

Saturday, November 30, 2019

BATTERY SERIES : Lucas Hoopes / The Age of Ore










1. What is your name and what band do you play for?

Lucas Hoopes from The Age of Ore
 


2. Who made you want to play drums and why?


My brother Jake played guitar for about a year and I loved the music. I told my dad that I wanted to play an instrument. He said, “Sure Ill buy you a guitar”. And I told him that I wanted to play the drums, so he got me a drum set.

3. When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…


I got my first drumkit when I was 6 years old. It was a 5 piece maroon Pearl kit.

4. Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?


  

At first my mom didn’t want me to get drums, because she didn’t know where we would put them in our house. But my dad was supportive and on board with the idea and eventually my mom came around. They are my biggest fans!

5. What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?

   

AEnema by Tool!! Towards the end of the song, the drums get really heavy and Danny Carey does a lot of crazy fills.

6. Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.


8-piece Black Pearl export. It has 9 symbols, a cowbell and a double bass pedal.

7. If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL


I do have my dream kit, except I would like to include a few more toms and an electric percussion board as well as a gong.
 


8. Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy


Nico McBrain – Iron Maiden
Danny Carey – Tool
Ray Luzier – Korn
Keith Moon – The Who
Matt Cameron - Soundgarden

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?


Live because it is more interesting to watch. I like when they freestyle on songs and extend them/add in interesting drum solos.


 WWW.THEMETALMOOSE.COM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment