NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, November 29, 2019

BATTERY SERIES : Reindell Stutgard / Ravech







1.What is your name and what band do you play for?

 Reindell Stutgard and i play drums for Ravech.

2.Who made you want to play drums and why?

 I always was obsessed with guitars and i wanted to be just like matt heafy. But our band needed a drummer and i was the only one who could actually play so i made that transition. Jose Terhoeven of ASYLUM actually convinced me to play the drums after i explained my band situation to him.
 


3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…
I got my first kit in 2014. It was a peavey drum set. I actually still do some band rehearsals on it. To be it was the perfect drum set for a new drummer.


4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

 my mom actually bought that drum set for me and till this day she supports me. Even though she doesn’t listen to heavy metal.

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?

 
Wow that’s a very hard question so imma just name the bands that inspired me the most. I love it when the drum sounds raw and you feel the energy on the record. On the top i would put Joey Jordison's performance on the self entitled record and Travis Smith's performance on Shogun. Brann Dailor's performance on the emperor of sand would be an honorable mention.

6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.
Right now i'm using a 5 piece ADW nebula drum set with 14" hi-hats, 16" crash, 10" splash, 21" ride meinl cymbals. I’m not yet endorsed by meinl "wink wink". For live shows we do use the same set up but mostly hiring a 5 piece Tama drum set. I also use a one kick set up with double pedals.


7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL
I would have loved to play on Portnoy's setup. But in a dream scenario i would have single kicks instead of the double pedal. I prefer to have more space while I'm sitting and 2 bass drums give me the ability to do some flips. I would add allot more cymbals and maybe two or three more toms.


8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy

So for me is the right mixture between fast playing, technical playing and the way you play live. As we would say in our country "A FAS FA YE TJAR ENG WAKKA NANGA MPP"

 1. JOEY JORDISON
 2. ALEX BENT
 3. MORGAN ROSE
 4. BRANN DAILOR
 5. SCOTT PHILIPS

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?

Of course i would say live. Its all about connecting with the crowd and giving your all. That hour of people watching you play your ass off and actually being amazed or entertained cannot be replaced by anything.
   


10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?

Well i don’t know about other drummers, but if you can bang the drums hard you can bang the girls hard. Or someone's girl idk haha. But girls actually dig drummers.

1 comment: