NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, November 28, 2019

THE DEEP END SERIES : IGNITED

1.Why Bass?

When I was a child about 10 years old my first contact with the music was with classical guitar, which gave me the notion of the position of the musical notes on the guitar's neck. At the age of 15 I had the opportunity to join a garage band and I learned to play bass with the guitarist's help in the 90's. Since then the bass is my favorite instrument.

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?

  

Each instrument has its role within the musical ensemble. I don't think it's a lack of acknowledgement or few credits, just the nature of the bass makes it a unique instrument and less noticeable to the ears.

3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why

I have two basses. A Fender Jazz Bass Geddy Lee Signature, black, 2008.
And other Fender Precision Bass Steve Harris Signature, 2005.

4.Tell us about your amplification

I like to use AMPEG amplifiers because they give a more vintage and natural sound.

5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?

Very important, because it creates an atmosphere in the music and it helps in the dynamics controls, making guitar and drums more closer from each other as well, like this three instruments being one sound mass.

6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

Four strings, indeed.

7.Who is your favorite bassist?
  

Steve Harris (Iron Maiden).

8. Who is your least favorite bassist?

Jason Newsted (ex-Metallica).

9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?

 
Actually, I have see women playing guitar and drums pretty well, and in a great style. It depends from each personality. I prefer to don’t generalize that so.

The female rock/metal bands are increasing and that is pretty cool.

10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?

Geezer Butler.

11. Bonus question
Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why

I don't think any of them ridiculous, each has its own style. For example I'm a Billy Sheehan fan, I think he's one of the most virtuous bass players in history.


 











www.themetalmoose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment