NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

THE DEEP END BASS INTERVIEW: Haggardz Hellraizerz

1.Why Bass? 

Short answer. I had the gear. Some twenty years ago the band I was playing guitar was struggling to find a decent bass player, to no avail. So I suggested I could do it, since I had the gear. It’s continued on to this day, since bass players are few and far between. 


2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?

 I think it has always been the guitarist and vocalist show to the average Joe. True musicians know that without the bass and drums there is no song. You can’t build towers without a foundation. 
   


3.What kind of bass do you use?

 Model , color , year , And why I actually own 15 different basses these days. My main bass for recording has been my neon green 2017 Dean. On stage I use many different ones from Epiphone, Ibanez, Yamaha, Grestch and of course Dean. 


4.Tell us about your amplification

 Currently I use an Acoustic 300 watt head pushing an Acoustic 4x12 cabinet. 


5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass? 

Absolutely. It drives my bat shit when some dude brags about how many strings he has on his guitar or bass and then has a tone thinner than a gnat's ass hair. 


6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

 I have 1 five string but she just sits in the corner waiting her turn. When I find the right time, she’ll join the show.  


7.Who is your favorite bassist? There are so. 

Lemmy, Jaco, Flea, Geezer, Cliff, Steve, Bootsy. Too many to remember. 


8. Who is your least favorite bassist? 

That dude from Korn. 6 strings and beats the shit outta one. 



9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass? 

That would be a question for my wife. 


10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with? 
Either Jaco or Cliff Burton. 

11. Bonus question Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why
 Who the fuck is Bobby Doll?

No comments:

Post a Comment