NIGHTMARE TOYS

Thursday, February 27, 2020

BATTERY DRUMMER INTERVIEW : LOVE THE HATE FROM LOVE THE HATE

1.What is your name and what band do you play for?
 Love The Hate
 *thats crazy his name is the same as the band he plays for!!

 


2.Who made you want to play drums and why?  

Ive always admired the greats, but my 1st big like, famous drummer I idolized Eric Carr from Kiss, But my Brother Mike Genry was my real Drum Hero

3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…

When I was 12 maybe 13 years yrs old , I'll never forget it was a Cheap ass  ( Talon ) kit that was the manufacturer and I remember my dad working an extra 10 to 15 hrs a week just to make the money for me to have a kit. He was my Hero and always came through. I miss that man.

4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

 
My father was super supportive no matter what i did ,he was the kinda parent who thought I could do anything in this world, my mother not so much, I will always love my mom … but we havent had the easiest of times due to her mental health issues.  So from birth till i was about 16 yrs old she was finally diagnosed schizophrenic, and it was easier to understand. So the loud noise of the drums would be unsettling to her. Dad would take her riding on the weekends ….he knew I was chomping at the bit to play

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?


The Rev, Avenged Sevenfold, City of Evil

6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.


PDP (by DW) 6 piece, 22 in Bass Drum , 10in and 12in rack tom 14in and 16in floor tom, 14 in wood snare, ….My cymbals are 14 in sabian hi-hats 18in 19 in 14in SABIAN AXX Crashes 4in and 6in splashes, 20in ride and 18in China crash. DW 8000 double bass kick with 13in 14in rack toms,


7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL


DW , Maple shells 6 piece, 14 in 16 in 18 in 20 in crashes 6 in 8 in 10 in splashes 13 in hi hats, 22 in ride and 18 in and 20 in china crashes all sabian hand hammered. And pearl eliminator direct drive pedals.

8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy


 For me personally 1)Alex Bent ,Trivium  2) Jay Weinberg, Slipknot 3) The Rev  (R.I.P.)  ,Avenged Sevenfold  4)  Chris Adler (formerly of ) Lamb of God.  5) Vinny Paul (R.I.P.) Pantera / Damageplan….. Thats the best ever and around, hands down!!! Their may be more skilled people out there  of course….but what they did in certain moments in song….every last one of these guys moved me and shook me to my core….Thats what made me play drums.

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?


 Can't say ….i guess live ...cause im not gonna get flashed by anything i wanna see in the studio. Bunch of Dudes ….not much eye candy there.

 


10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?


 You dont have too …. They may say otherwise but they know who the man is ….i be layin down beats like I be laying down freaks!!!! ….
Outta time and outta breath in 2 min!!!....


No comments:

Post a Comment