NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Axemen Interview w Poorboy and Scott / Haggardz Hellraizerz



1.Tell us your name and the band you play for
     Chris “Poorboy” Poor

     Scott Corbett
 

2.Who made you want to pick up the guitar

 PB   My cousin Richard he’s played for a long time I seen him with his band Suspence
And was blown away. Crazy since how I wanted to be Tommy Lee hahaha.

 SC  It was Metallica’s Master of Puppets album

3.Are you self taught or did you take lessons?

  PB   .Self taught for the most part.

4. Can you read music, Can you read tab?

   PB    Music not really Tab yes of course that’s how I learned.

.5.Do you feel like you have your own sound / tone ?

   PB    I do feel like it the way I set up my board and amp I don’t think anyone else does it like me but hell who knows.

  SC Of course its all in the way I hold my guitar vs Poorboy holds his or anyone else for that matter. My string size, amp, and foot pedal also help out on the matter.

6.Tell us about your guitar ( brand ,model . year , color )

PB  I play nothing but Dean guitars. I have a 2010 Custom CF350 w Floyd 
And a 2013 Gran Sport w Floyd

SC Ive got a Dean Caddy and a Schecter

7.What about pickups? Passive or active ? Tell us about them
    PB     Both are passive

     SC       I have one of each my Dean is passive 
                 and my Schecter is active.

8.Lets get into amplification, Same drill brand , model , speakers etc

PB we both play on B52 LG100A amps and love them wish they were still around.

9.Do you have a pedal board? Tell us about that badboy

  PB I play on a Digitech RP 1000 with a Crybaby CFH Wah 

SC  I play on a Line 6 Firehawk.

10..Now tell us your Dream Rig in detail…..

PB Shit load of dean guitars and a wall full of B52’s man.

SC Same as Poorboy but id like a wall full of Mesa Triple Recs.

11.What guitarist can you not stand?

  PB 
  Kurt Cobain Like how is this fucker in every fucking guitar poll ever made he didn’t even play leads man come on.

SC   Bitch ass Tom Morello

*just to clarify, is this the same bitch ass who masturbates with more money then I have ever seen  of Rage Against the Machine or a guy named Tom Morello who works at 7-11 in Austin ?)

12. Is tone more important or is technique?

PB  Tone you can have all the technique ya want but if your tone is shit well that’s how you sound.
 

13. Name your top 5 guitarist

PB 
Dimebag,
Toni Iommi,
Jimmy Page.
Woody Weatherman,
Slash

SC  
SRV,
Dimebag,
David Glimour,
Dave Mustaine,
Buddy Guy

14.Who is the most overrated guitarist

PB Keith Richards

SC Tom Morello

15.Who would you like a one hour private sit down lessons with anyone dead or alive?

PB  Django Reinhardt   He was a shredder before shredding was a thing and on acoustic too.

SC  Dimbag                   
Cause it would be a blast who knows what you’d get in to 


PB   Thanks for having us and don’t forget our debut EP titled  “BURNT” come out 3/13/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment