NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, October 30, 2020

DEEP AND HARD BASS INTERVIEW / SCOTT MACHINES IN BLAST


 

1.Why Bass?

 I've been playing bass for a while, started with guitar. I picked up during a few jam sessions with friends and one day about 15 years ago a band I knew needed a bass player so went out and bought one and joined the band.

 

2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?

I think bass is more important than some give credit as it is more important to be a solid rhythmic instrument with bass and not just melodical to keep the backbone of the beat going along with the drums.

 

 

3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why

Black Schecter Diamond Damien Series. Why? It's decently priced, has a solid sound, and I was sold on the bat inlays as well.

 


 

4.Tell us about your amplification

I run into and Ibanez Tube Screamer pedal and a Fender Rumble 200 into an Avatar 2x12 cab. On occasion I use a Sans Amp Bass DI as well. Simple setup but packs the right amount of punch.

 

 

5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?

Of course! Tone is always important, it defines your bands sound.

 

6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?

Depends on what style and what the guitarist is using. Usually I'll go for a 4 though.

 


7.Who is your favorite bassist?

Les Claypool

 

 

8. Who is your least favorite bassist?

Don't have one.

 

 

9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?

I can't really answer that, I know more women who play guitar instead of bass.

 

 

10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?

I'm open to jam with anyone. Preferably alive, a corpse seems like I'd have the unfair advantage and probably wouldn't keep up with anything I'm playing.

 

11. Bonus question

Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why

Not sure how to answer because ridiculous can mean many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment