NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, October 30, 2020

BATTERY DRM INTERVIEW David Sylvester. Palenium.


 1.What is your name and what band do you play for? David Sylvester. Palenium.


2.Who made you want to play drums and why?  When I was 12 years old, I had a brain aneurysm and stroke. As part of my rehabilitation, I needed to choose an instrument to help regain control and use of my right side.  Other instruments, like guitar, required fine motor skill and sensitivity that I didn’t have at the time, but drums seemed to be the one instrument that I clicked with. 


3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…  My parents bought me my first kit for my 12th birthday.  It was a blue 5-piece Mach kit. I used the kit for about four years and then sold it and saved up money for the current kit that I have.


4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?  Surprisingly, yes.  They frequently told me to keep it down, but overall they supported my playing. 



5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you? Phil Collin’s drum fill-in on the toms in “In the Air Tonight” is one of my favorites. 


6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.  Currently, I have a 5-piece Yamaha Stage Custom kit in flat black.  I use Zildjian and Sabian cymbals, 3 crashes, 1 ride,  and a hi-hat.  I also play on a pork pie squealer for my snare. For my top heads, I use Aquarian heads and on the bottom heads, I use Remo.


7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL  I would love to have Danny Carey’s drum set and that is all there is to it. LOL


8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy.  John Bonham, Brad Wilkes, Lars Ulrich, Keith Moon, and Danny Carey.


9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?  I prefer live. 



10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?  No, it’s just a myth. But if I’m wrong and you’re right, let me know how it’s done. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment