NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, October 30, 2020

VOKILLS INTERVIEW Evan Mitchell and I sing for Machines on Blast.

 

www.facebook.com/machinesonblast

 

1.Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for

 

My name is Evan Mitchell and I sing for Machines on Blast.

 

2.What / Who made you want to sing?

 

I was a drummer by trade. When I first started writing for what is now Machines on Blast, I started tracking scratch vocals for the demo songs and found out I kind of had a voice that was working with the tone of the songs. So I stuck with it, and here we are!

 

3.Who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills?

 

There were two vocalists that stand out for the "chills" moment.Peter Murphy singing an acoustic version of David Bowie's Major Tom, and the first time I saw Gary Newman.

 


4.Many people say heavy music is just screaming, How would you combat that statement?

 

A lot of it has that element for sure, but there are many heavy bands that are able to mix up their vocal stylings for a more diverse sound.

 

5.If you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such violent performances?

Well, using proper singing techniques and air control my throat rarely ever gets sore, but when it does, there is a calming tea called "Throat of Lucifer" that I drink.

 

6. Do you have a warm up routine? Tell u bout it ?

I will just do a 5 - 10 minute scale routine, nothing fancy.

 

7. Do you think power or performance is more important?

if you can combine them both then you are golden. With that being said some of the best performances I have ever seen have been a sloppy mess, but the energy and the vibe were at 100%

 

8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is not? / And who is great but does not get the credit?

 

People like what they like. Something in their brain says "wow that is good, or wow that is bad" . I really have no idea who is over/underrated. The world could use another Peter Steele, and Sam Carter from the Architects is super dope!

 

9.Name your top 5 vocalist

Dio

Halford

Sam Carter

Roger Waters

Gary Newman

 


10.Micheal Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here

Oh Nitro, maybe if Jim didn't abuse Lita Ford...

 

11.Who do you love to listen to that would surprise people?.

I rarely listen to the type of music I write. I normally stay with Swampy blues music and Motown.

 

12.If you could remove the autotune from any singer who would it be?

Cher, just to see if she would still believe in life after love!





No comments:

Post a Comment