NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, June 12, 2020

RUMBLE BASS INTERVIEW : AMNESIS




1.Why Bass?


By chance. I've been a guitarist my whole life and Amnesis, who have been friends of mine for years, had a couple of shows booked and their bassist left. I went over to learn the set on bass so they didn't have to cancel and the rest is historyand here I am.


2.Do you think it is unfair or just lack of knowledge bass gets so little credit?


Lack of knowledge. I can say that coming from guitar to bass really opened my eyes to the importance and technicality of the bass.


3.What kind of bass do you use? Model , color , year , And why


I have a red stain Warwick 5 string Corvette that is set up soley for the studio and a Grey stain Warwick 5 string Corvette for live shows. I love the feel and playability of the Warwicks.


4.Tell us about your amplification


I am currently using a Peavey 1000 watt mini mega head with a set of 2 10 and 4 10 Bugera cabs.


5. With all of that being said do you feel tone is an important thing for bass?


Absolutely. It will make or break the overall sound of the band and give you that sound to cut through the mix.


6.Do you prefer 5 strings over 4 string?


I prefer 5 string basses due to the versatility.


7.Who is your favorite bassist?


John Entwhistle and Alex Webster


8. Who is your least favorite bassist?


Don't have one.


9.Why do you think women seem to be attracted to playing bass?


Most woman have natural rhythm.


10. What bassist dead or alive would you like a private lesson with?


I would say Les Claypool because of his talent and just seems like a really interesting person.


11. Bonus question
Bobby Doll , Nikki Sixx , Les Claypool , Billy Sheehan  which is more ridiculous and why


Les Claypool without a doubt because he has zero boundaries when writing and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment