NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, June 12, 2020

BATTERY DRUMMER INTERVIEW : ALBERTO /EASTERNFAULT

1.What is your name and what band do you play for? 

Hey, my name is Alberto and I play drums for Easternfault 

2.Who made you want to play drums and why?

 I was raised in a family of musicians so I have always been very passionate about it. 

3.When did you get your first kit? 

Tell us about it… It was a vintage Pearl kit that I can't even name, probably from the 70’s or 80’s. (Toms 12” 13” and 16”, 22” kick and a 14” steel snare drum). It belonged to my uncle who passed away before I was even born and it was stored at my grandparent’s house where i grew up, one day I found it and decided to set it up and learn how to play. 

4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?
  
 My whole family was always very supportive since like i said before we have a couple of musicians in the family. My grandfather is a sax player, my uncle plays guitar and sax and my older uncle who passed away was a drummer and also knew how to play guitar as well. 

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you? 

This is a tough one and I dont know if I can say that i have a definite favorite but the fist two that came to mind were. Constellations by August Burns Red Hikari by Oceans Ate Alaska 

6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL. 

Its a Natural Cherry Pearl Export. (5 piece Mahogany) Toms: 10” 12” and 16” Kick drum: 22” Snare: 14” Cymbals are: 14” B8 Hi-hats, 16” Sabian crash, 9” Sabian Alu Bell, 18” Sabian AAX X-plosion crash, 20” Sabian B8 ride, 18”Wuhan china Hardware: 3 PDP 800 cymbal stands Tama Speed Cobra Hi-Hat stand Tama Speed Cobra double pedal Pearl S1030 Snaredrum Stand 2 no-name clamp arms

 7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL

 It would probably be a 6 piece Pearl MMC Reference Toms: 10”,12”,16”,18” Kick drum 20” Snare: 14” Reference Brass Pearl Hardware Axis Longboard Direct Drive Double Pedal Cymbals: All Sabian AAX: 14” Think Hats 16” and 18” X-Plosion Crash, 18” O-zone crash, 8” Aero Splash. And for a china I’ll always be an 18” Wuhan dude

 8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy
 Matt Greiner
 Chris Turner 
Austin Archey
 Aaron Stechauner 
Matt Halpern

 9. Do you prefer Live or Studio? 

100% Live!

 10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist? 

We actually do! The thing is, most guitarists live in this world of fantasy where they automatically assume they're better than the rest of the band members so then they get blinded by their “greatness” on the other side, we drummers are more cautious, we sit back(quite literally) observe and wait for the perfect moment to strike and thats when we end up taking everything we want while they're playing with their pedals and trying to find the guitar pick they dropped 2 riffs ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment