NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

VBOKILLS INTERVIEW / Nick Travetto MASADA

 

1.Please introduce yourself and tell us who you sing for

My name is Nick Travetto, I sing for Chicago’s Thrash metal band Masada

2.What / Who made you want to sing? 

I was actually approached by our guitarist Paul Quinn on our high school bus, He was looking for a rhythm guitarist, I explained I had no clue on how to play a guitar, He laughed and asked who my favorite singers were, I told him Tom Araya, Jeff Becerra and Quorthon are my heros! He gave me a shit eating grin and said How about you try screaming for us” I’ve been singing ever since!

3.Who was the first singer you saw live that gave you chills?

Ah Man, to name just 1 is tough, But in 2019 I saw Maiden for the first time, Bruce absolutely killed it, to still perform at such a high level after all these years was just incredible!    



4.Many people say heavy music is just screaming, How would you combat that statement?

Ha! Give it a shot, it’s a lot harder than it looks! 

5.If you growl or do harsh vocals how do you keep your voice after such violent performances?

I drink lots of water and I enjoy the occasional Ricola.

6. Do you have a warm up routine? Tell u bout it ?

Before any show or practice I do a few different vocal warm ups and breathing techniques to get the juices flowing. Most of them I’ve picked up from friends who sing and then there’s the wild world of YouTube. 

7. Do you think power or performance is more important?

You absolutely have to have your skill dialed in, and always keeping in mind that people have taken time to show up and support the scene, so give them the entertainment they deserve. 

8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is not? / And

who is great but does not get the credit



I’ll never tell. Loose lips, sink ships! Bahahahaha!

9.Name your top 5 vocalist

Tom Araya

Jeff Becerra

Randy Blythe

Ozzy

Dio

10.Micheal Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here

Haha, doesn’t really matter to me.

11.Who do you love to listen to that would surprise people?.

Not necessarily someone, but a genre, I enjoy listening to 80’s on 8 on SiriusXM from time to time, brings me back to my childhood days.

12.If you could remove the autotune from any singer who would it be?

I’m not sure I would, If I’m checking out a track and enjoy it I cant say I care how they came about it, just glad they did. And on the other hand if it sounds like shit I’ll just turn it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment