NIGHTMARE TOYS

Friday, January 24, 2020

BATTERY DRUMMER INTERVIEW : Mauricio / WEIGHT OF EMPTINESS

1.What is your name and what band do you play for?
My name is Mauricio Basso and I play in Weight of Emptiness
 


2.Who made you want to play drums and why?


Mainly the musical influence of Peter Chris, Gabriel Parra, Dave Lombardo and Gene Hoglan.

3.When did you get your first kit? Tell us about it…


I think it was in 1998 when a friend bought a drum for the band in which he participated in those years, it was called LETARGO, then I put the cymbals that belonged to my father, after that I won a drum in a contest of drummers made in a cable channel in Chile, it was in 2005.

4.Where your parents supportive of you and your loud / expensive new habit?

 

At first they didn't want me to take my time on that, but eventually they supported me by paying me some drum lessons.

5.What drum performance on an album is perfection to you?


Slayer's South of Heaven I love how that drum sounds, the sound of the box is spectacular.
But one that changed my vision of this instrument was Dave Wackl with the Masterplan album.

6.Tell us about your current kit and set up in DETAIL.


The drum I use most now is a Tama Satrclassic that has:
 - three toms 11 "12" 13 "
-2 floor toms of 1 of 14 "and 16."
22 "bass drum
Mapex 14 "Steel Black Panter series box:
Hihat A Custom Projection avedis Ziljian series II 7305-101
DARK Crash medium Thin 18 "/ 45 cms
A Earth Ride 20 "/ 51cms
Avedis Zildjian - China High18 "/ 45 cm
ROCKCrash A zildjian ac 5748736
Sabian 12 "/ 32cm Ice Bell
 


7.If you could have a dream kit tell us about it in DETAIL


When I was a kid I used to hallucinate with Gabriel Parra's drum but I would like Neil Peart's.


8.Name your top 5 drummers excluding Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy


Dave Wackl
Dave Lombardo,
Gene hoglan
Tomas Haake
Marco Minneman

9. Do you prefer Live or Studio?


Both because they capture different things from the interpretation

10.Do drummers really get all the chicks and if so how do we convince the guitarist?

 

Well in general I think everything happens, but we always have the opportunity to meet nice girls ... and well the guitarists also happen to them from time to time.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment