NIGHTMARE TOYS

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Vokills/Caging Elliott/Rusty interview


 1. Please introduce yourself and tell us who you play for. 

I'm Rusty Jackson, and I am the lead singer for Caging Elliott. 


2. Who/what made you want to sing?

I've always enjoyed sing with the radio from an early age. My dad was a vocalist. 


3. Who was the first singer you seen live that gave you chills?

Jani Lane 



4. Many people say heavy metal is just screaming. How would you combat that statement?

Well, it's not for everyone. 


5. If you growl or use harsh vocals, how do you keep your voice after such a violent performance?

The way I take care of my vocals after harsh performances is fresh pineapple. Avoid ice and really cold food(s).  


6. Do you have a warm-up routine? Tell us about it. 

Yes, I definitely have a warm-up routine. On the day of the show, avoid ice. I start some light vocal exercises around 4 hours prior to the show and ramp up till I eat supper. 

I try to eat something greasy 2 hours before performing. 

After food settles, I'll start more difficult scales to get an idea of how strong my voice is for the show. 



7. Do you think power or performance is more important?

Depends on what the feeling of the song is. A lot of times, the performance is watching the power. If that makes sense. 


8. Who do you think gets unfair vocal praise, someone the world thinks is great but is not? And who is great but don't get the credit?

Noone comes to mind to either question. In these days, it seems more about who has the best marketing instead of talent. 


9. Name your top 5 vocalists. 

Jani Lane

Sebastian Bach 

Mike Patton

Axl Rose

Miljenko Matijević


10. Michael Buble or Jim Gallette? Just testing your skills here. 

Sorry. Don't know of either. 


11. Who do you love to listen to that may surprise people? 

Merle Haggard, and other older Country music. 



12. If you could remove autotune from one singer, who would it be?

Remove it from all. Let's hear that raw talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment